Product Development Associate (Feature & Basic Plush)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 985555BR Location London, United Kingdom Business Disney Licensing Date posted Jun. 13, 2022
- Execute the approval process from initiation to production in a timely manner, ensuring all product submissions are routed through Disney’s Online Product Approval (OPA) system as per global product integrity guidelines
- Provide creative direction, inspiration and feedback to licensees on both 2D application and 3D product submissions in order to drive product quality
- Train and develop all new and existing licensees on the Disney brand, property portfolio, creative assets and approval systems, ensuring that they have the appropriate creative assets for product development
- Develop and maintain successful working relationships with licensees and other internal and external stakeholders
- Create product pitches and new product design visuals under the supervision of the Senior Product Development Manager/ Product Development Manager
- Develop and maintain a good knowledge of Disney’s characters, films, properties, heritage and creative assets in order to assist in their usage of consumer products
- Support the needs of the wider team at the regional, local and global levels as required including involvement in design projects, as directed
- Ensure products comply with corporate policies and legislation
Basic Qualifications:Qualifications required
- Degree-level education in a related field or equivalent work experience e.g. product, textiles, fashion or print design
- Proven commercial product development experience in relevant categories or product design role at a licensee, retail head office or supplier
- Some packaging experience is desirable
- Knowledge of trends within the industry of Plush industry and the broader world of design with working knowledge of common manufacturing techniques and their application in production
- Keen interest in plush trends, character design and textiles.
- An ability to communicate a clear design brief
- Strong ability to design ideas using freehand drawing, computer techniques and/or third-party design resources
- Excellent multi-tasker and commerciality, experience with design directly to retail, desirable.
- A good understanding of timelines, product ranging and consumer types.
- An ability to deliver against set deadlines and budgets as directed
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to effectively present design ideas to internal/external stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to influence and achieve buy-in at all levels
- Written and spoken English for business use, is essential; other European languages, beneficial
- Computer literate including Mac OSX, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and MS Office
Additional Information:The Perks
- 25 days annual leave
- Private medical insurance & dental care
- Free Park Entry: You will have the opportunity to enter any of our parks with your family and friends for free
- Disney Discounts: you are entitled to discounts on designated Disney products, resort F&B and ticketing
- Hybrid working is available
- Excellent parental and guardian leave
- Employee Resource Groups – WOMEN @ Disney, Disney DIVERSITY, Disney PRIDE, our new disability & neurodiversity focused group - ENABLED, and our Mental Health & Wellbeing Group, TRUST.
About Disney Licensing:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business we call Disney Licensing.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.