Product Development Associate, HardlinesApply Now Apply Later Job ID 734488BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Disney Licensing Date posted Jan. 07, 2020
- Provide creative direction & feedback to licensees on both 2D application and 3D product submissions.
- Train and develop all new and existing licensees on the Disney brand, property portfolio, creative assets and approval systems.
- Execute the approval process from initiation to production in a timely manner.
- Have an intermediate level of market knowledge for products that fall within your sub-category.
- Ensure licensees have the appropriate creative assets for product development.
- Create product pitches and new product design visuals under supervision of Senior Product Development Manager.
- Develop and maintain successful working relationships with licensees and other external partners.
- Develop and maintain successful working relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Offer creative input to inspire licensees and help drive quality product.
- Execute design projects under supervision.
- Develop and maintain a good knowledge of Disney’s characters, films, properties, heritage and creative assets in order to assist in their usage on consumer products.
- Support the needs of the wider team at regional, local and global level as required.
- Build relationships across other business units as required.
- Comply fully with corporate policies and legislation.
- Degree level educated in Product/Industrial Design.
- Design experience essential.
- Have an intermediate knowledge of trends within the Toy / Hardlines industry and the broader world of product design.
- Have an intermediate knowledge of common manufacturing techniques and their application in production.
- Ability to communicate a clear design brief and ensure deliverable meets all criteria.
- Ability to communicate basic design ideas using freehand drawing, computer techniques and/or third party design resources.
- Ability to deliver against set deadlines and budgets.
- Ability to effectively present design ideas to internal stakeholders as required.
- Working knowledge of Mac OSX, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Microsoft Office.
- Some packaging experience desirable.
- Good presentation and influencing skills.
- Excellent command of English.
- 2nd European language an advantage.
- Big company experience desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Team player.
- Highly organised; ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload.
About Disney Licensing:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Licensing.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.