Already applied?View Dashboard
Product Development Director, Fashion & HomeApply Now Apply Later Job ID 668058BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Disney Licensing Date posted May. 22, 2019
An opportunity for an experienced Softlines professional to join our EMEA Product Development and Creative team in west London.
The Product Development Director will play a key role in the Consumer Products Creative team, responsible for driving the regional creative, design and product development activities for Fashion and Home categories whilst utilising Disney's rich heritage in storytelling.
- Lead the product development team for Fashion and Home, collaborating with the Vice President, Creative and Product Development, EMEA and the licensing leads, while driving a consistent, elevated merchandise assortment across all regions and channels.
- Develop and deliver quality, authentic storytelling product with a focus on creativity and innovation that supports the financial objectives of Disney Parks, Experiences & Product (DPEP)
- Deliver asset updates and manage correct use of assets with licensees, whilst managing their creative needs
- Lead licensees in the execution of product development for the brand that supports franchise opportunities, business strategies, new initiatives and company priorities
- Partner with the licensing franchise team to direct licensees in the development and product needs for special projects such as road shows, film pitches etc.
- Work in partnership with licensing leads and Disney creative team to develop assets and product that delivers on the Softlines strategy
- Partner with counterparts within licensing and licensees to define and develop product assortment, product trends and new opportunities in the marketplace. Proactively observe and respond to market trends within product categories and share observations with team
- Manage and oversee the team through the product development process, meeting milestones and deadlines leading product development sessions and product approvals at all critical stages
- Reinforce product integrity and brand guidelines to ensure all product meets Disney brand requirements as well as all government product requirements for all countries shipped to
- Develop and maintain effective partnerships across The Walt Disney Company, in particular relevant individuals and teams within DPEP, Parks and Resorts, Studios and Disney Channel
- Lead, mentor and develop a Product Development team that is creative, collaborative, flexible and focused on the consumer
- Significant product development experience, including leadership roles
- Demonstrable knowledge of the product and creative development process
- Design background / education preferred
- Strong product expertise in manufacturing, essential
- Proven leadership skills with an ability to guide, direct and positively influence towards a common goal
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- An ability to think strategically, providing direction for product, trends and business opportunities
- Demonstrative ability to translate trends through the lens of the customer and brand filters exhibiting an exceptional degree of creativity and resourcefulness
This role may require UK or international travel.
About Disney Licensing:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Licensing.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.