Already applied?View Dashboard
Production Analyst SupervisorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 605302BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Nov. 06, 2018
Job Summary:Production Analyst Supervisor
Based in our Holborn office, we have a great opportunity for a Production Analyst Supervisor to join our finance team. The ideal candidate will have a developed understanding of accountancy and analysis and an advanced understanding of the Visual Effects production process.
The roles main responsibilities are, but not limited to:
- Working with global production finance teams to ensure consistency in production reporting & analysis and enforcing best practices
- Partnering with VFX Producers in strategic planning, providing general and specialized analysis
- Overseeing production finance, analysis and forecasting for the UK’s portfolio of projects on a monthly and weekly reporting cycle.
- Development and management of UK production analysts
- Support producers in the bidding process of a project, as well as vetting bids before being sent to a client.
- Manage team of analysts and oversee budget and Estimated Final Cost (EFC) reporting. Work with global teams to ensure consistent reporting and streamlined workflow.
- Produce weekly portfolio report for local and global projects along with analysis.
- Oversee / prepare monthly revenue recognition reports.
- Oversee monthly local & global forecasting reports for projects remaining lifetime
- Assist production and executive production in managing budgets, cost & labour reports.
- Prepare cost analysis and other special reports as needed.
- Assist production with bidding for new projects as well as final financial vetting before bid goes to client.
- Prepare/oversee weekly billings for re-billable costs as required.
- Review weekly detail reports for accuracy and make reclassification as required.
- Work with legal to assure local & global contracts are in place, contractual terms are followed, and payment schedules are issued in accordance with best practices.
- Support strategic planning initiatives
- Oversee onboarding, coaching and training of UK Production analysts.
- Maintain UK production accounting records with assistance from team.
- Strong and proven analytical skills required.
- Management experience of high level skilled staff required.
- Numerical Degree is strongly encouraged.
- Ability to self-manage, multitask, be resourceful and meet strict deadlines.
- Experience working with large amounts of data and databases; backend database experience desired.
- Proven professional financial experience, some of which gained in a Feature or similar entertainment industry production finance/accounting environment.
- Excellent proficiency in Excel.
- Experience with IT applications such as Oracle (Oracle Projects.) TM1 experience a plus.
- Proven background in effectively dealing with multiple stakeholders
- Focused on continuing improvements to the organization.
- Must be flexible, adaptable to working in creatively driven environment.
- Business partnering approach. Open and direct communication style, good listening skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ILM (UK), Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.