Already applied?View Dashboard
Production Finance AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 667345BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted May. 21, 2019
Job Summary:Production Finance Analyst
The Production Finance Analyst is responsible for the handling the finances and analysis for specific project(s), which requires a developed understanding of accountancy and an advanced knowledge of the Visual Effects production process. Works closely with FX Producers and other production staff and manages the day to day financial activity of a project as well as ad-hoc analysis and reporting.
They will also support producers in the bidding process of a project and well as vetting the bid before it goes out to client.
- Maintains assigned production accounting records.
- Assists Producer in managing budgets and cost & labour reports.
- Prepares cost analysis and other special reports as needed.
- Prepares weekly status reports for the FX Producer.
- Assist Producer with bidding for new projects as well as final financial vetting before bid goes to client.
- Prepares weekly billings for re-billable costs as required.
- Reviews weekly detail reports for accuracy and makes reclassification as required.
- Provides show information needed for facility forecasting and planning.
- Works with legal to assure contracts are in place and contractual terms are followed.
- Strong and proven analytical skills required.
- Numerical Degree is strongly encouraged.
- Proven professional financial experience, some of which gained in a Feature or similar entertainment industry production finance/accounting environment.
- Expert proficiency in Excel.
- Experience with IT applications such as Oracle (Oracle Projects.) TM1 experience a plus.
- An energetic, resourceful, and hands-on individual with a strong service orientation.
- Experience working with large amounts of data.
- Ability to self manage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks within a high-pressure environment while meeting strict deadlines.
- Proven background in effectively dealing with multiple stakeholders
- Focused on continuing improvements to the organization.
- Must be flexible, adaptable to working in creatively driven environment.
- Handle challenging issues with diplomacy and able to facilitate cross-functional problem-solving.
- Business partnering approach. Open and direct communication style, good listening skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.