Already applied?View Dashboard
Production Coordinator, Disney ChannelApply Now Apply Later Job ID 579208BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Disney Channel Date posted Aug. 06, 2018
Job Summary:We are seeking a Production Coordinator to join the Disney Channels team on an initial 6 month fixed term contract. You will be responsible for the translation, dubbing and language checking processes, workflows & cost management. Also supporting the Creative Services team with a main focus on Disney Channel which covers 9 languages.
- Set monthly schedules for localisation workflow to meet monthly delivery deadlines.
- Manage translation of scripts to Nordic languages as well as maintaining healthy relationship with all translators; ensure the highest standards are met & sustained.
- Manage dubbing in Nordic languages; communicate well with all dubbing houses to ensure clear processes and workflows are in place.
- Contribute towards managing the network of language checkers. Ensure we remain cost efficient whilst meeting delivery deadlines & hand in dates.
- Liaise with UK voice over agencies to book talent and ensure all contracts are in place.
- Ensure the wider Creative Services team understand and follow best practice for localisation.
- Use IBMS to produce clock numbers for UK & Nordic assets.
- Trouble shoot any assets with delivery issues.
- Communicate all stages of the make-list process to Media Planning including completion of late forms if required.
- Liaise with Media Planning & Programming to ensure all deliverables are met in a timely manner.
- Manage the Soundmouse system to ensure all music is reported correctly & approved.
- Support the Production Manager on all shoots to ensure the correct paperwork is in place, budgets are updated, all kit and crew are in place.
- Prepare call sheets if required.
- Book travel using Disney approved suppliers if required.
- Ensure localisation costs are tracked for Disney Channel and large spends flagged to the production management team.
- Negotiate good rates with dubbing houses when requiring services off rate card.
- Manage budgets for all local shoots and report back to Production Manager.
- Substantial proven experience at Production Assistant level within the broadcast industry.
- A good understanding of CMS systems.
- A good understanding of Channel Scheduling, Production Management and Post Production and Dubbing processes.
- Excellent experience in filming, preferable overseas and with minors.
- Good understanding of health & safety in production.
- Good understanding of production insurance requirements.
- Great understanding of music reporting and rights clearance.
- Preferential to have experience in the Nordic markets.
- Nordic language skills an advantage.
About Disney Channel:
Disney Channel creates content that captures the imaginations of kids and adults of all ages. Our talented professionals harness passion and creativity to tell stories that are loved by millions around the globe. From both classic and cutting-edge animation to blockbuster movies and live-action comedy series, Disney Channel delivers across multiple platforms wherever our audience lives. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Channel.