Already applied?View Dashboard
Production Manager, Disney ChannelApply Now Apply Later Job ID 581107BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Walt Disney International Date posted Aug. 06, 2018
Job Summary:The Disney Channel is looking for a Production Manager to join on an initial 6 month fixed term contract, this role will be based in the Hammersmith head office.
Responsible for facilitating the most efficient use of budget whilst ensuring best practices are followed. Excellent reporting and communication skills across departments including marketing, programming, media planning and finance. Lead a strong production team that display up to date knowledge and training in all areas of production. A key support role to the Head of Creative Services.
- Manage the department spend for CEE, Africa & MENA in the most cost effective manner.
- Track in detail monthly spend and oversee the finance co-ordinators quarterly end reports.
- Advise Creative Managers on their quarterly project allocation and schedule regular follow ups with them to ensure budgets are cost tracked and phased correctly.
- Produce reports as and when requested for finance teams or other key stakeholders.
- Oversee all T&E spend is within company guidelines.
- Negotiate competitive rates with freelance staff & contractors as well as external production and post facilities.
PRODUCTION TEAM LEADER-
- Utilise team resources to ensure a fair delegation of work.
- Set best practice workflows & processes and ensure they are followed.
- Liaise with legal & compliance on a regular basis to ensure all projects are within the current production & company guidelines.
- Manage filming activity from start to finish & train the production team in this area to support you.
- Ensure the team are aware and trained in, the latest production health & safety practices.
- Host weekly production meetings – set agendas & issue follow up notes.
- Oversee IBMS & Mediator – ensure a project manager is selected and trained from within your team.
- Schedule and plan productions to ensure timely delivery that can be accommodated within the given resources.
- Create production bibles.
- Substantial proven experience at Production Manger level within the broadcast industry.
- Preferential to have experience in the CEE, MENA or African markets.
- Experience in production work with minors.
- Excellent experience in filming, preferable overseas.
- Good understanding of health & safety in production a
- Good understanding of production insurance requirements.
- Excellent budgeting and reporting skills.
- A good commercial awareness when negotiating deals for facilities & hire.
- Up to date knowledge of regulatory guidelines (Equity, Bectu, etc).
About Walt Disney International:
Working directly with amazing brands, you and your team will touch lives around the world. Get ready to be creative, work with advanced technology and grow your skills with a pioneer in entertainment and technology. Join us, and be part of the story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney International.