Already applied?View Dashboard
Production Manager - ILM TV London, United KingdomApply Now Apply Later Job ID oHDB9fwO Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Mar. 14, 2019
Industrial Light + Magic
Production Manager– ILM TV
Position Summary / Job Purpose
Production Managers work incollaborationwith a VFX Producer on a project. The Production Managerfunctions as the Producer’s “right hand”, stepping up to support Producer duties as required and keeping a direct line of communication with the VFX Producer (and/or theExecutiveProducer)on all aspects of the show. The ProductionManagerreports to the VFX Show Producer on a daily basis for show specific tasks.
(Key or essential priorities for fulfilling the job’s purpose)
- Under direction of VFX Producer, collaborate with CG Production managers on day-to-day crew needs as required.
- In collaboration with Producer and Supervisors, create overall show asset and shot schedule across all disciplinescapitalising oninternal resources andexternal vendors, using ILM’s best practices for scheduling. Oversee implementation of schedule by guiding and directing coordinators, Supervisors and leads as needed.
- In collaboration with Producer, manage the production crew on a daily basis including directing Coordinators and Production Assistants to ensure all show needs are met.
- Provide support asliaisonwithvendors for technical and creative issues that arise to ensure work stays on schedule and optimal workflow is adhered to.
- Evaluate and learn individual artist strengths; help develop cross utilization of resources to promote an effective workflow.
- Act as default leader when Producer is outof office or otherwise engaged.
- Run bid meetings as needed. Budgeting may or may not be required, and would be left to the discretion of the Producer. In partnership with Producer, check EFC to make sure work is on budget.
- With input from Supervisors and VFX Producer, proactively identify and plan for work to be outsourced, when applicable. Help identify vendors appropriate for body of work. Prepare vendor bidding packages, contribute to vendor cost analysis and weekly cost reporting as needed.
- Proactively problem-solve and raise concerns in all aspects of vendor relations.
- Manage client contact when Producer is absent or unavailable
- Travel for client meetings and/or plate shootsas needed
- Work on the same schedule as first or second unit productionas needed
- Special projects as requested
Job Requirements(Education, Experience and Skills/Competencies)
- Proven track record of delivering high end VFX across a range of episodic television genres.
- Strong understanding of the pace and production process of episodic television.
- Extensive experience of crew and resource management and planning across current and upcoming projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Filmor related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Proven professionalwork experience in production to include strong working knowledge ofVisual Effectstechniques and terminology.
- Proficiency in Macs/PCs including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of Linux a plus
- Strong scheduling experience required
- Must possess very strong organisational and communication skills and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner while meeting deadlines.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.