Already applied?View Dashboard
Programme & Content PlannerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 642145BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Disney Channel Date posted May. 14, 2019
Job Summary:Disney Channel is looking for a Programme Planner to join on a 6 month fixed term contract.
To coordinate, administrate and produce detailed programming schedules and plans for Disney XD EMEA and subsequent local opt-outs.
This role involves the accurate production, delivery and communication of monthly multi-territory schedules and programme grids, from planning to broadcast software
Work with Manager to develop, implement and communicate programme strategies and plans for linear platforms including local opt-outs and liaise with local teams on regular basis.
Understand and interpret ratings and research data across numerous markets to meet optimum scheduling strategy and meet pan-EMEA regulatory and contractual requirements.
To produce detailed and accurate competitive programme schedules for DisneyXD on a daily, weekly and monthly basis within team:
- Reporting to the Manager, Programming, provide day-to-day responsibility for the planning, system input and communication of monthly schedules and programme plans for linear services to Regional and local teams, and wider business.
- With the Programming Team, create clear and compelling programme strategies to drive channel performance across multiple measured markets, delivering on agreed performance metrics, sustained ratings performance month-on-month and maximum ratings in high season.
- Work closely with Programme Manager to ensure schedule plans meet agreed strategic goals and objectives.
- Accurately manage programme data and ensure programme records are entered and maintained within IBMS and Excel grids.
- Ensure accurate and timely delivery of programme plans in broadcast system to DM+, presentation, and media planning, marketing and creative teams in advance of monthly deadlines.
- Issue and track programme amendments where necessary.
- Ensure programming databases, quota reports and roll out plans are accurate and updated, and ensure that planning strategies utilise key programming assets under license efficiently to manage burn out of programming in line with launch, build and sustain strategy.
- Create, coordinate and oversee delivery of accurate EPG files across all platforms and all territories.
- Assist Programming Manager in managing programming inventory assisting with maintenance of all forward planning and regional documents, including yearly event calendars, series roll out plans, language dubbing. Work closely with programming directors and managers in local markets to ensure complimentary non-linear/Disney Channel and FTA windowing.
- Assist with briefs and ensure implementation within planned timelines and given budgets.
- Continuously monitor and track competitor activity and audience trends and provide regular feedback to Programming Manager.
- Contribute stunt, holiday and schedule boosting ideas to Programming Manager.
- Be proactive in suggesting counter-scheduling strategies to keep schedules competitive.
- Work closely with Programming Manager to analyse ratings data and enhance schedule strategy to maximise opportunities and competitiveness.
- Experience of programme planning preferably for a kids channel within EMEA.
- Experience of evaluating ratings and research reports an advantage.
- Experience of working in a multi territory environment.
- Knowledge of EMEA/local multi-channel kids programming, competitive set and trends.
- Experience managing multiple projects.
- Experience of managing multiple stakeholders
- Attention to detail, accuracy, highly organised with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Highly innovative, with proven demonstrable experience in generating creative ideas.
- Proactive attitude to managing and solving challenges, and identifying improvements and opportunities.
- Multi-tasking projects and priorities to a high standard essential.
- Must work well under pressure and to tight timelines.
- Knowledge of Broadcast Scheduling System e.g. Vision, IBMS, WhatsOn and channel reporting systems an advantage.
- Strong Word, Excel, PowerPoint and communication skills essential.
- Ability to adapt and learn new systems quickly.
- Previous experience working in a TV programme planning, presentation, digital department an advantage.
- Experience evaluating and interpreting research data an advantage.
- Passion for kids TV, programming, brand positioning and viewing essential
About Disney Channel:
Disney Channel creates content that captures the imaginations of kids and adults of all ages. Our talented professionals harness passion and creativity to tell stories that are loved by millions around the globe. From both classic and cutting-edge animation to blockbuster movies and live-action comedy series, Disney Channel delivers across multiple platforms wherever our audience lives. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Channel.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.