Already applied?View Dashboard
Regional & UK Copywriter (12 month FTC)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 688178BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jul. 11, 2019
Job Summary:The purpose of the copywriter role is to provide compelling and persuasive copy support and guidance for the Disney+ team in all forms of communications (marketing, guest services, product, social, commercial) that drives excellent customer journeys.
Working closely with Creative Lead, marketing and external agencies to communicate and ensure a consistent tone of voice (pre-defined from brand book). The candidate should be a conceptual copywriter, a self-critic, quick thinker and able to come in and hit the ground running in a busy environment. This role is offered on an initial 12 month fixed term contract based in our EMEA head office in Hammersmith, London.
Copywriting – Key responsibilities
- Using the tone of voice set in the brand book, work closely with the Creative Lead to deliver consistent tone of voice across all copy and communication points
- Provide copy and communications on daily basis ensuring that audience and media channel are factored into response across the following disciplines:
- Brand, Acquisition and Retention Marketing (promotional and service based) – marketing comms to deliver effective messaging for relevant audience per channel, adhering to house style and tone of voice guidelines
- Social – Brand and engagement messaging across all social platforms, tailoring tone and execution to each platform and objectives
- Commercial (3rd party partners) – working with the commercial team to deliver effective messaging for partnerships and 3rd party platforms to drive key objectives (acquisition, engagement etc)
- Product and editorial (in-app) – all service copy from editorial tagging and promotional language to in-app messaging, aligning the service experience and the off-platform experience in terms of tone and style for a consistent guest experience
- Agency management - Work alongside creative agencies and internal creative teams on copy and messaging requirements, delivering and managing briefs and well as providing feedback for external copy
- Cross line of business collaboration - Work closely with other Disney lines of business to ensure brand synergy with a clear Disney+ tone of voice
Skills & Experience
- Proven experience within copywriting field, specific experience within a digital environment with test and learn methodology desired
- A conceptual copywriter having worked with a range of clients within a broad range of disciplines across editorial, commercial, marketing and social
- Experience of operating web production processes and workflows
- Any experience with business-to-business and/or D2C marketing/PR is a plus
- Experience working with Disney a bonus
- Must have excellent communication skills
- European language is beneficial
- Creativity and business sense is a must, with the ability to communicate creative ideas confidently to all areas of the business
- Strong team player and excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with multiple stakeholders
- Continuously review & improve copy with insight, adding value & coming at problems from new angles.
- Able to work accurately and efficiently under pressure
- Customer care and quality focused
- Good analytical skill
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good organisation and prioritisation skills
- Office, Keynote, PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop) a bonus
- Passion for entertainment (Disney fan) and interested in industry trends
- A self-starter; able to manage your workload and work independently when necessary
Last day for applications is Friday 19th July 2019
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.