Already applied?View Dashboard
Regional & UK Designer (12 month FTC)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 688176BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jul. 11, 2019
Job Summary:We have a fantastic opportunity for a Regional and UK Designer to join our Creative Services Team. The scope of this role is supporting creative requests for all Disney+ marketing touchpoints.
This is an in- house role at the forefront of the highly anticipated Disney streaming service, Disney+. This is a 12 month fixed term contract opportunity working with the Design Manager with a direct reporting line to the Creative Lead based in our EMEA head office in Hammersmith, London.
- Execution of design assets requests from creative briefs
- Liaise regularly and communicate design with Design Manager (up to Creative Lead)
- Ensuring high quality outputs are delivered on time
- Produce digital campaigns across a wide range of formats; display, rich media, print, in app design, partnerships etc
- Create new and adapt existing email templates and campaigns aimed at prospects and current members to build-ready stage
- Use pre-set guidelines to ensure consistency with brand guidelines and wider product strategy
- Originate and adapt print campaigns including leaflets, flyers, point of sale, packaging
- Provide design solutions for the website and across multiple campaigns
- Ensure quality, compliance, and integrity across all work delivered
- Source and select appropriate imagery and graphical assets and apply within brand guidelines
- Work closely with the Creative Lead to ensure creative development is aligned and evolves alongside the service look and feel
- Effective management of own personal workload
Skills & Experience
- Qualified and experienced graphic designer with solid art direction, UX design and campaign implementation background
- Bias towards digital – print experience desirable
- Email design and UX essential
- Experience of working in a high profile, fast moving, consumer facing brand
- Experience of supervising the work of others
- The ability to work to tight deadlines and adapt to changing business demands at short notice
- Able to multi-task across a number of work streams and deliver to deadlines.
- Delivers within brand and service creative guidelines
- Experience of managing multiple projects at any one time
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Proficient in relevant packages and tools: Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Sketch etc
- Experienced in technical aspects of digital delivery across various devices – mobile, tablet, desktop, big screen etc
- Good commercial awareness and ability to deliver response generating or engaging briefs
- Able to take ownership for creative aspects within a defined area
- Proactively in idea generation
- Conceives creative ideas to solve problems or meet objectives
- Can articulate a compelling case for changes and improvements
- Keeps up to date with industry best practice and exchanges ideas with other team members and across departments
Last day for applications is Friday 19th July 2019
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.