Already applied?View Dashboard
Regional Security Manager – Programmes & Special EventsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 636173BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Feb. 14, 2019
Job Summary:We have an opportunity for a Regional Security Manager (Programmes & Special Events) to join our security team, in a permanent position based in our EMEA head office in Hammersmith, London.
The Security Manager is responsible for the delivery of security programmes & projects, as well as the physical security operations and facilities planning/implementation of special events within the EMEA region. Responsible for assessment of all potential risk involved reporting to the Senior Manager Security (SMS) - EMEA.
The successful candidate will help establish and implement appropriate security programmes and other measures while maximising the value of centralised services, requiring a strong strategic and analytical approach. We are looking for a self- motivated and astute business person, capable of operating in a diverse and political environment.
On a day to day basis, the Security Manager will partner with other Security Managers and key stakeholders, providing advice and support as programmes are implemented across the region. Detailed and executive programme reports will be delivered to ensure all relevant security risk information is presented accordingly. A key requirement will be the development of strong relationships with site and business heads, and vendor partners to ensure executive briefings are delivered in a clear and concise manner, with relevant information delivered as required in Special event planning documentation.
The Regional Manager will become part of the security team, embracing a culture of collaboration and support in delivering a responsive, effective and resilient security support for The Walt Disney Company.
- Lead in the assessment of all potential security risks at Disney Facilities and ensure the implementation of appropriate controls to mitigate those risks
- Ensure that the security of buildings, occupied by the Company, is effective and maintained at the highest level consistent with Disney Security Minimum Standards and Standard Operational Procedures (SOPs)
- Develop SOPs that are aligned to the type and size of venue/facility/event and support site support staff to implement and maintain effectiveness of protective controls
- Provide the planning, engagement and oversight of security provision to special events, premieres, Anti-Piracy and other ad hoc requirements in region, and support the Senior Security Manager
- Be aware of any change to the current threat levels and advise the SMS and Site Heads if any additional control measures are required
- Investigate, interview, obtain witness reports, and prepare incident reports as required
- Deliver briefing and training packages to site employees in co-ordination from the SMS
- Provide EMEA Security management support to Disney Theatrical Group in the UK
Programme Management - specific
- Develop and manage an ongoing Security Risk Assessment process for EMEA working in partnership with local regional security managers and EMEA Intel in conducting risk assessments across the whole EMEA region
- Produce quarterly reports reflecting Security Risk trends across the EMEA region
- Conduct Audit - Ensure site compliance with Disney Security Minimum Standards
- Deliver on EMEA projects and programmes as the EMEA Security landscape dictates and evolves
- Deliver an ongoing ‘Red Team’ Penetration Testing programme across EMEA
- Collaborate with country specific Regional Security Managers to ensure bespoke but consistent emergency plans for each EMEA facility (referred to as Team 3)
- Lead on regular training and testing programmes to maintain preparedness at site level
- Fully understand how sites escalate, communicate with and report incidents (through Global Aware and SOPs) to the EMEA Security Communications Centre (ESCC)
- Assist and advise site staff during any emergency/crisis situation
- Drive the uptake of the Global Emergency Notification System (GENS) across region
- Liaise with Global Crisis Management to facilitate the delivery of Care Team training and Team 3e reward scheme
- Prepare and provide a fortnightly security operations report
- Prepare and submit incident reports through the Company Incident Reporting Tool
- Support the SMS with input to the annual budget.
- Recommend any capital investment to site security technical systems where identified
- Collaborate with site stakeholders including security officers, FM and office managers to manage and maintain security provision to Disney Standards
- Develop strong relationships with Sites heads and their management team
- Liaise with approved vendors and ensure that specified duties are carried out, that contractual obligations (KPIs/SLAs) are met and corporate standards are maintained. Recommend improvements and introduce new procedures as necessary
- Develop relationships with site landlords and local police and embassy security staff
- A proven background working in physical security, content security, information security, events risk management, and risk and crisis management
- Strong strategic and analytical approach conducting Risk Assessments as well as implementing appropriate security plans, systems and control measures
- Experience of Travel Risk and Country Threat & Risk Assessments
- Ability to engage, collaborate with and support site staff whilst delivering effective training programmes (induction, SOPs, emergency and incident management etc)
- Experience of managing and monitoring security business assurance programmes
- Strong project and programme management skills & methodologies
- Vendor management experience including performance management of SLA/KPIs Experience of conducting investigations
- A strong service focus with the need to listen and understand the essential requirements and risk appetite of different client groups
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A flexible approach to variable working hours’/travel requirements is essential
- Experience of working in large matrix organisations where persuading and influencing decisions across multiple stakeholders is key to success
Additional Information:Travel will be required (essentially within the EMEA region)
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).