Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Manager, International Labour Standards, EMEAApply Now Apply Later Job ID 636167BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Apr. 18, 2019
The Senior Manager is responsible for managing international labor standards for Disney covering Europe, Middle East & Africa,
working with Disney businesses and manufacturers of all Disney and Licensed Products.
Reports to the Regional Director, International Labor Standards, coordinates closely with business leaders in their regions and manages the local ILS team.
The Senior Manager, International Labor Standards is responsible for leading the ILS Program, including:
Supporting the Regional Director, International Labor Standards in working with business units to embed the Company's ILS strategies, objectives and requirements into business operations;
Supporting business units in the execution of the ILS Program, including providing guidance regarding ILS Program requirements to business units, licensees and vendors responsible for manufacturing Disney branded products;
Providing input and insight to the development of global ILS policies and procedures, and;
Providing counsel to country and regional leadership on ILS issues and strategies.
- Develop and implement tools and initiatives to improve business unit, licensee, vendor and facility performance;
- Oversee ILS Program relationship management operations including business unit, licensee and vendor education; Facility and Merchandise Authorization administration; communication and implementation of Corrective Action Plans; and resolution of performance issues;
- Elevate and resolve performance and compliance issues through formalized escalation process.
- Alignment of business practices and operations with ILS objectives
- Interface regularly with business unit leadership and other internal stakeholder groups, including Legal, Corporate Communications and Contract Management, to ensure alignment of business practices and operations with ILS objectives in the region
- Work with Corporate Communications, Legal, ESR, and Global Public Policy teams to ensure consistency of messages and communication across regions;
- Address business unit, licensee and vendor concerns and identify and implement solutions to meet ILS objectives and business needs;
- Deliver and facilitate training to increase awareness, accountability and consistent application of ILS policies and procedures;
- In coordination with the Global Public Policy team, strengthen relevant external stakeholder engagement and external collaboration through identifying and building relationships with regional stakeholders;
- Represent ILS at relevant external meetings, panel discussions and conferences;
- Build and manage local teams to successfully implement program strategies, objectives and requirements;
- Lead team to ensure successful implementation of the Program across business units and markets which involves relationship management, risk assessment, external stakeholder engagement and collaboration, reporting and communication, education and guidance
- Experience in CSR or other compliance-related work, with specific experience in ethical sourcing or labor standards at an international level.
- Strong business acumen. Experience in a managerial role within a corporate or supply chain setting as well as international business and operations experience.
- Experience managing and leading international teams, budgets and projects.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ethical sourcing and labor rights issues.
- Experience in licensing, consumer products, global supply chains, manufacturing and distribution and operational matters in an international corporate setting.
- Proven ability to build constructive and sustainable working relationships with senior business leaders.
- Experience in international program and process management
This is a permanent Senior Manager position based in our London office.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.