Research ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 808345BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jun. 10, 2021
The Disney+ team is responsible for the day to day operation of Disney+ across Europe, Middle East and Africa, specifically focused on marketing, customer acquisition and retention, partnerships and synergy, content programming, research and analytics.
We are looking for a forward-thinking, analytically minded Research manager to join our Disney+ team. The purpose of the role is to help the business build its understanding of customer needs, behaviours and attitudes, and specifically how this drives Disney+ brand affinity, customer acquisition and retention for the Disney+ business.
This role will leverage excellent communication skills, analytical rigour and the ability to work across the Disney+ teams and with third party service providers to identify business needs and deliver customer insights.
This is a pivotal, central role within the Disney+ EMEA business, which will work in collaboration with our global insight teams in the US, the Media Networks EMEA research team, as well as local European markets.
- Leads EMEA qualitative research programme for Disney+ including; interpreting business needs and developing research briefs; end-to-end project management; working collaboratively with third party agencies and debriefing to internal stakeholders.
- Manage bespoke local D+ primary research initiatives including briefing, commissioning, managing and analysing primary research projects across multiple EMEA markets.
- Manage UK subscriber panel including questionnaire design, fieldwork, analyses and output.
- Leverages insights alongside broader research tracking studies and internal insights to integrate into marketing, content and programming plans
- Works collaboratively with the US Global Disney+ research teams, by partnering on projects in the region, ensuring they reflect local nuance and consumer understanding
- Works collaboratively with other local EMEA Disney+ research teams, to ensure the range of projects, strategic initiatives and consumer insights delivered at an EMEA level are reflecting local needs and behaviours.
Basic Qualifications:• Thorough understanding of qualitative and quantitative research techniques
• Experience of delivering commercial value and accountability through consumer insight
• Capable of creative a narrative with actionable recommendations from research data and insights
• Knowledge and experience of statistical tools e.g. SPSS, Survey Reporter, Q Asset
• Proven experience of running primary research in multiple EMEA markets
• Direct to consumer research & insights experience is desirable
Additional Information:The Perks:
- 25 days annual leave
- Private medical insurance & dental care
- Disney+ annual subscription
- Free Park Entry: You will have the opportunity to enter any of our parks with your family and friends for free
- Disney Discounts: you are entitled to discounts on designated Disney products, resort F&B and ticketing
- Excellent parental leave
- Business Resource Groups – Women@Disney, Disney Diversity, Disney Pride, T.R.U.S.T.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.