Already applied?View Dashboard
Retail Insight AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 667323BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted May. 13, 2019
Job Summary:Retail Insights Analyst – 6m FTC
We are looking for an analytical, organised, creative, highly motivated and driven individual to join us as a Retail Insights Analyst.
The role sits within the Retail Insights Team, part of the broader UK Retail Finance Team, and is focussed on the range of retail categories that The Walt Disney Company licenses and distributes via third party retailers: Toys, Fashion, Home, Food, Health & Beauty, Stationery, Publishing.
This role is focussed on the analysis of Disney sales in key retailers, and broader category performance and market trends, in order to provide a variety of stakeholders (including sales, marketing and finance teams) with actionable commercial insights.
These insights are provided via a mix of standardised reporting, bespoke projects and ad hoc analysis.
- No direct report responsibility, however, will be expected to provide guidance and coaching to the 2 interns who are on 12 month placements in the team.
- Responsible for supplying weekly and monthly sales reports to retailer account teams and senior management, providing the business with a quick and clear understanding of sales trends, and the key drivers of performance.
- Responsible for analysing EPOS sales from a retailer and category perspective to assist strategic planning processes, supporting retail account managers in the setting of an insight based business strategy for their retail accounts, as well as shorter term tactical decisions and retailer pitches. The role involves understanding the commercial landscape and objectives, and requires a flexible and creative approach to tailored data provision.
- Responsible for developing and refining the business’s understanding of marketing effectiveness, reviewing the impact of campaigns on retail sales, as well leveraging learnings to help the marketing team shape and refine future activations to maximise effectiveness.
- Responsible for responding to data requests from the retail sales and category teams in relation to the impact of brand health and content engagement on retail sales.
- Market Expertise
- Responsible for keeping up to date with key trends and developments in the retail market, identifying implications for The Walt Disney Company, and for sharing relevant market trends and innovations with the appropriate business stakeholders.
- Commissioned Research
- Support the commissioning of bespoke research on focus areas. This will encompass assisting with the development of briefs, and input into the design of the research approach, as well as the analysis and reporting/presentation of key findings.
- Significant experience working in a data analysis role.
- Significant experience working in an internal/external client service team.
- Excellent numerical analysis skills.
- Proficient in soliciting clear data briefs, and identifying creative and appropriate analytical approaches.
- Ability to learn and master a variety of data extraction tools and systems.
- Proficient in identifying efficiencies in ways of working and putting in place processes that deliver these.
- Excellent communication skills, visual, written and verbal, and the ability to synthesise insights into a narrative.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Strong commercial and business awareness.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Occasional national travel required.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.