Retail Operations ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10010613 Location London, United Kingdom Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Aug. 05, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Disney Theatrical Group is seeking a detail oriented, self-motivated and personable Retail Operations Manager to support our Retail Locations at our West End and U.K. Tour Productions within our Merchandise Department. This role will report into our Senior Retail Manager with responsibilities including but not limited to the recruitment, hiring and on boarding of all management of our 5 U.K. retail operations as well as the part time sale staff of our West End locations; ongoing management and up keep of HR policies, procedures, documents and contracts; and the overall management and support of operational policies & procedures of our retail teams from a corporate function. This role will have a direct report of a Retail Operations Supervisor.
Please note this is a 2 year Fixed Term Contract.
The Opportunity & Responsibilities:
- Partnering with Talent Acquisition on all hiring needs for UK Stores.
- Partnering with HR on all hiring approvals for UK Stores.
- Partnering with HR & Contingency Workers on cover staff/agency hiring for UK Stores.
- Leading hiring for all DTP staff (Supervisors & Sales Staff).
- Leading Diversity & Inclusivity hiring.
- Managing personnel records, new starter, leaver, holiday information.
- Adherence to all GDPR policies for personnel records.
- Issuing offer letter & contracts for DTP staff.
- Completion of New Starter Checklist for all employees.
- Leading onboarding and induction of all new employees
- Partnering with Contingency Workers for onboarding new Supervisors in SAP.
- Processing weekly payroll spreadsheet & submission.
- Partnering with HR on all personnel & training needs for UK Stores.
- Providing guidance & support for management teams on HR issues.
- Leading formal performance management of DTP staff for all UK Stores.
- Identifying training needs across all UK Stores.
- Implementing appropriate training for all staff across all UK Stores.
- Overseeing weekly scheduling, holiday allocation and staff coverage for London Stores.
- Partnering with Senior Retail Manager to identify, implement & manage sales initiatives.
- Partnering with Retail Teams to identify, implement & manage sales initiatives.
- Management of the Operations Supervisor and their role.
- Primary management of sales shifts when required.
- Partnering with Senior Retail Manager to promote Core Values and Drive Results across business.
- Providing support of the overall business operations in the UK
The Experience We Require From You:
- Experience in supervisor and/or management position within a retail/sales environment. Experience of multiple teams and/or locations is a plus.
- Experience working with customers to create positive interactions.
- Experience working with Human Resource materials and/or in similar environment that involves recruitment and hiring of a sales team.
- Successful training in management skills around delegation, prioritization, team building and long term strategy planning.
- Capability to multi task several projects simultaneously while having an acute attention to detail and ability to track results and status. High level of organizational skills.
- Written communication skills to achieve results through follow up, compromise and negotiation when necessary.
- Confidence and ability to make decisions within limits of the role.
- Practice with working with third parties to achieve operational best practices.
- Ability to lift boxes up to 65lbs daily on a consistent basis when working onsite at our retail stores during business hours.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Involvement in payroll processing and creating staff hourly schedules.
- Commitment to actively being part of and supporting a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Attends and participates in equity, diversity & inclusion, anti-harassment, and any other anti-bias training and workshops as required.
- Models and supports the mission and values of The Walt Disney Company and Disney Theatrical Group by demonstrating inclusive behavior and maintaining a safe and professional working environment.
- Previous experience with Point of Sale System and Inventory Management System
- Experience creating and implementing retail operational best practices, policies and procedures.
- Experience in HR document handling and management
- 25 days annual leave
- Private medical insurance & dental care
- Free Park Entry: You will have the opportunity to enter any of our parks with your family and friends for free
- Disney Discounts: you are entitled to discounts on designated Disney products, resort F&B and ticketing
- Hybrid working is available
- Excellent parental and guardian leave
- Employee Resource Groups – WOMEN @ Disney, Disney DIVERSITY, Disney PRIDE, our new disability & neurodiversity focused group - ENABLED, and our Mental Health & Wellbeing Group, TRUST.
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Limited, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
The Walt Disney Company Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.