Retention ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 765740BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Sep. 24, 2020
- Part of the regional (EMEA) functional retention team, responsible for the delivery and optimisation of core retention KPIs at regional level (Churn, Reinstates, Reactivation, Cancellation rate, Risk)
- Responsible for launch-readiness for Disney+ launch markets (Europe & Africa) across all retention activities (lifecycle journeys & triggers for cancellation, risk and winback; winback content engagement). Working collaboratively with local customer leads.
- Working closely with regional and global product teams to optimise cancellation journeys
- Review, test and optismise current cancellation journey, messaging and save tactics
- Constantly analyse cancellation data to understand why people cancel, and how they are saved, to inform optimisation and messaging
- Use behavioural data and insights to fully understand customer behaviours and develop recommendations, levers & tactics to optimise and improve trading metrics & drive lifetime.
- Develop performance reports; ability to benchmark and contextualize results within local market landscape
- Responsible for regional retention test, measure learn plans (across territory, lifestages & cohorts). To include defining test priorities regionally and working with local markets to agree local-specific test plans. Candidate to manage the overall retention test, measure, learn plans for the region at a customer and market level)
- Management of cross-territory campaign plan & delivery of pan-region retention campaigns e.g. winback features. Working collaboratively with local and global teams.
- Champion of new retention techniques to reduce churn / optimise net growth efficiently
- Build a solid working relationship with key stakeholders (local market customer team; US lifecycle and engagement teams; US and International product; Creative & wider TWDC stakeholders e.g. regional CRM; legal)
- Successful track record in Customer Management / SVOD Retention
- Experience within a subscription business and proven ability to deliver improvements to retention trading KPIs (churn, net growth, revenue)
- Results-focused with extensive experience in test and learn at a customer and campaign level
- Thrives through working in cross-functional / multi-territory teams, ideally experience in an international matrix organisation
- A deep understanding and interest in latest retention techniques, awareness of the unique challenges of a consumer subscription business essential.
- Understanding of market nuances and dynamics to deliver a global strategy while also balancing local adaptions to drive local results
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.