Already applied?View Dashboard
Rights Acquisition Coordinator, ESPNApply Now Apply Later Job ID 553406BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Media Networks Brand ESPN Date posted May. 08, 2018
Job Summary:We have an exciting opportunity as a Rights Acquisition Coordinator in a permanent position. This role will be based at our EMEA corporate head office in Hammersmith, London.
ESPN EMEA is in a period of growth which makes it the perfect environment to develop a professional career. A key component of this growth will be the acquisition of new sports rights.
The scope of this role includes researching the sports rights landscape, recommending potential acquisitions and undertaking the research and analysis to underpin the bid process.
This opportunity will give the successful candidate exposure to support the ESPN media distribution business which is responsible for the sale of ESPN’s sports rights.
- Research of sports rights landscape, including a detailed database of the value of sports rights
- Analysis and financial modelling to support ESPN’s acquisition projects
- Organisation and management of ESPN’s presence at SPORTEL (the largest sports trade fare)
- Project manage commercial assignments
- Point of contact for key broadcast clients on programming issues
- Strong analytical & numeracy skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Displays curiosity to stay current on business issues, industry trends, and technological advances
- Demonstrate good interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to manage time effectively and prioritise work
- An interest in Sport
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint skills
- Bright, curious & ability to learn fast
- Resilience especially faced with challenges
- Consciousness in decision making and maintaining accountability
- Enthusiasm and Passion
- Proven ability to problem solve
- Ability to take initiative
- Team player and enthusiastic about collaboration
- Previous sports experience is not required but enthusiasm to learn is required
- European language skills an advantage but not a necessity
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Sports Media Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.