Senior Accountant, 12m FTCApply NowApply Later Job ID 771653BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jan. 12, 2021
This is a great opportunity to join a high performing team within the headquarters of The Walt Disney Company EMEA, with considerable scope for learning and career progression. The Compliance Team covers statutory accounting, technical accounting support, Sarbanes Oxley controls, VAT compliance, Transfer Pricing Calculations and bespoke projects, and provides guidance and support to the various accounting and finance teams based in the same London office, across EMEA and USA.
- Support consolidation of the EMEA and International Quarterly Rep Letters.
- Support the preparation of EMEA's annual 10-K submissions to the US (FY20 and FY21 YE).
- Support with miscellaneous corporate, segment reporting and DTCI deliverables (e.g. COVID templates, programming analysis).
- Manage annual internal SOX testing.
- Annual training and coaching of internal SOX Controls testing team.
- Support the quarterly International Disney Minimum Controls Standards process, including liaising with all EMEA Business Units, as well as performing international consolidation and tracking of action plans.
- Support with management audit status updates, action plans and draft reporting.
- Supervise balance sheet reconciliation, journals testing and related compliance.
- Supervise the annual SAP job role review processes (SOX).
- Support the preparation of quarterly CFO pack and EMEA P&L analysis.
- Support on the annual interim and final PWC statutory audits as required.
- Identify and drive areas of improvement within current processes with the aim of maintaining the current high standard of service provided in a more efficient manner, and support on existing efficiency projects.
- Support Global Controllership, UK, EMEA and Local Financial Controllers and other compliance managers on ad-hoc projects and requirements.
- Motivation and support of shared team interns.
- Fully Qualified ACA/CIMA/ACCA
- Strong experience of data analysis and reporting
- Strong educational qualifications with working experience within Accounting
- Strong excel skills important
- SAP experience preferred
- Big Four background is preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to manage to tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work under pressure in an environment where priorities must be continually re-evaluated and adapted as possible.
Additional Information:The Perks:
- 25 days’ annual leave
- Private medical insurance & dental care
- Free Park Entry: You will have the opportunity to enter any of our parks with your family and friends for free
- Disney Discounts: you are entitled to discounts on designated Disney products, resort F&B and ticketing
- Flexible working hours are available
- Excellent maternity & paternity leave
- Business Resource Groups – Women @ Disney, Diversity @ Disney, Pride @ Disney etc.
The Walt Disney Company is
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.