Senior Accountant, ComplianceApply NowApply Later Job ID 829535BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jul. 21, 2021
The role is a key position within the EMEA Controllership & Compliance team, responsible for accounting and reporting of US GAAP compliance, Local GAAP compliance and statutory reporting requirements.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for the preparation of quarter and year-end close reporting including local Statutory and Tax requirements.
The role will involve partnering with local & regional Finance, Controllership & Compliance teams, to ensure timely & accurate reporting, while in compliance with US & local GAAP.
Process improvement project work is an integral part of this role.
Responsibilities:The Opportunity & Responsibilities:
- Working with the Compliance Manager in overall preparation of quarter and year-end close reporting including co-ordination of all schedules, reconciliations and reporting packages for review by the Compliance Senior Manager
- Preparation of local VAT reporting requirements
- Ensure all reporting packages are submitted accurately and timely on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Complete balance sheet reconciliations for review
- Support on the annual PwC statutory audits
- Preparation of Transfer pricing calculations & intercompany postings and review documents to be shared with the EMEA Regional Controller
- Supporting management and wider finance team on any ad-hoc duties
- Identify and drive areas of improvement within current processes with the aim of maintaining the current high standard of service provided in a more efficient manner
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley and Disney Minimum Control Standards through co-ordination of the quarterly MCS questionnaires and annual SOX testing cycle
Basic Qualifications:The Experience We Require From You:
- Qualified Accountant (e.g.CIMA/ACCA/ACA), Post Qualification Experience preferred
- Strong educational qualifications with preferably an Accounting background
- Strong excel skills
- SAP experience preferred
Additional Information:The Perks:
- 25 days annual leave
- Private medical insurance & dental care
- Free Park Entry: You will have the opportunity to enter any of our parks with your family and friends for free
- Disney Discounts: you are entitled to discounts on designated Disney products, resort F&B and ticketing
- Flexible working hours are available
- Excellent maternity & paternity leave
- Business Resource Groups – Women @ Disney, Diversity @ Disney, Pride @ Disney etc.
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.