Senior Advisor, Health & Safety (12 Month FTC)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 983797BR Location London, United Kingdom Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted May 19, 2022
Reporting to the Senior Manager Health & Safety EMEA, the purpose of this role is to ensure that TWDC UK’s office, operational activities/events and employee welfare are complying with all relevant UK Health and Safety laws and regulations, plus TWDC standards.
The role will not cover Disney Stores, Film production, Theatre or Parks and Resorts
- Ensures TWDC meets the necessary legislative obligations and industry best practice of Health, Safety and Welfare Management within the business and its business events across the EMEA region.
- Supports the Senior H&S Manager EMEA on matters of Health, Safety & Welfare and provides feedback and reports on necessary safety areas relevant to the business or current demands.
- Must be Innovative and creative and looks for new ways of working using new technology or industry best practice to engage the business and drive the safety culture forward.
- Engages with business at all levels to understand the business needs and direction and have the ability to change direction to support the business demands.
- Organizes online audits and inspections to comply with property statutory requirements such as Fire, Water, Disability, and Asbestos.
- Development and delivery of online or classroom training to meet the business demands or future expectations.
- To deliver and maintain EMEA online system for key risks such as accident reporting, audits and inspections.
- Works alongside key stakeholders to develop department specific safety guides, training and policies.
- Investigation of accidents and near misses and co-operates with Management and Insurance to reduce further occurrences.
- Ensures that any particular Health and Safety needs of people with disabilities and vulnerable persons are adequately considered with appropriate support and monitoring measures implemented.
- To undertake such other reasonable duties as may be allocated by Senior Manager Health and Safety EMEA.
- Complete regular audits to monitor events and business activities to ensure compliance with Risk Assessments and where necessary provide feedback for safety improvements to Management team.
- Supports the Events team, Security, Influencers and 3rd party vendors on the H&S requirements for major events and internal promotions with a hands on approach.
- Identifies and assesses typical health and safety risks associated with related activities and where necessary completes offsite inspections for events.
- Supports the production teams for 3rd party productions with production approval and monitoring and provides feedback to the internal production teams.
- Ensures training and guidance for the different internal production teams on matters relating to COVID, Risk Assessments and other risks relating to productions.
- Supports sports shoots and interviews with an understanding of interview procedures and the equipment used.
- Provide regular feedback through reports and presentations to Senior Health & Safety Manager EMEA.
- To support Legal Counsel with the delivery of statutory requirements for employee welfare, property management and business events.
- Liaises with Disney Facilities team (including outsourced facilities contractors) on all Facilities matters relating to the property portfolio,
- Fire and First Aid Management controls, monitoring and relevant training.
- Record and Maintain statutory files.
- Take leadership role in emergency systems and evacuations.
- Member of IOSH or IIRSM.
- Qualified NEBOSH in general Health and Safety.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Health and Safety legislation.
- Computer literacy enabling the effective use of Microsoft programs including Accident Management System software.
- Ability to present in front of large groups.
- Create and deliver classroom training sessions.
- Leadership experience in a Health and Safety role within a complex organization.
- Ability to liaise with appropriate regulatory authorities for Health and Safety.
- High level of interpersonal skill with an effective and flexible interpersonal style to ensure influence and credibility with senior managers and cast members.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in order to work with, provide advice to, train, and promote excellence in Health and Safety to cast members.
- Ability to work within and contribute to teams of other professionals.
- Able to work to a programme and meet deadlines, be able to organise and priorities’ work.
- Ability to organize work and coordinate activities of other cast members to contribute effectively to implementation of the Health and Safety strategy of TWDC.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.