Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Analyst – Compliance and Reporting – EMEA Corporate TaxApply Now Apply Later Job ID 703237BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Nov. 04, 2019
We have a new opportunity for a Senior Analyst EMEA Corporate Tax who will support the EMEA Corporate Tax Manager on UK compliance, tax accounting and reporting processes for all relevant UK entities. Support the Corporate Tax department (US and EMEA) by preparing supporting schedules for tax calculations, provisions, transfer pricing, forecasts and tax audit requirements. Support the EMEA tax team on ad-hoc projects.
This role will require a highly motivated tax professional with strong technical and interpersonal skills who wishes to pursue a career in a large and dynamic global organisation.
Responsibilities:Tax Accounting, Reporting and Forecasting
- Work on the detailed quarterly UK and EMEA profit estimates and tax forecasts using a variety of data sources and adjustments.
- Liaising with US Corporate Tax regarding the prepared UK and EMEA forecast calculations, which will be used directly in the Global Tax Forecast and Group reporting and understanding the implications
- Prepare the quarterly UK corporate tax payment calculations using forecast and actuals data
- Complete the quarterly and annual US GAAP tax provision reporting requirements for UK entities and oversee certain EMEA territories reporting
- Collate documentation across EMEA to meet US and group tax compliance requirements
- Assist EMEA corporate tax team in improving compliance and reporting processes and procedures
- Preparing corporate and deferred tax calculations for UK company statutory accounts including required note disclosures
- Working with the outsourced provider for the preparation of computations for UK and Ireland including providing relevant information and reviewing the draft computations.
- Assisting with HMRC enquiries
- Managing and improving withholding tax process and compliance. Aid preparation and collation of necessary withholding tax documentation
- Actively review compliance and reporting processes suggesting improvements.
- Preparation of employment tax compliance reports
- Supporting the EMEA and US tax teams and the wider finance team on any ad-hoc tasks and advisory projects
Basic Qualifications:Skills and Experience:
- Qualified ACA (and CTA a plus)
- Significant tax compliance and accounting experience
- Big 4 tax experience is a preference
- Experience of working in a multinational and media sector a plus
- Technically strong corporate tax accounting with thorough understanding of UK and US GAAP tax reporting requirements
- UK tax compliance experience
- Strong Microsoft Office skills especially Excel (SAP experience a plus)
- Attention to detail
- Analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Able to manage workload to tight deadlines and prioritise multiple tasks and work streams
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships at all levels of the organisation.
Additional Information:Following the acquisition of 21st Century Fox by Disney, the Disney EMEA tax team is recruiting several tax roles at a variety of professional levels. This is to ensure that the EMEA Tax team is fully resourced to enable it to properly engage with and support the new joint businesses, further demonstrating that the Tax team is considered a true business partner. The roles will also enable Disney to ensure it can meet increasing legislative requirements in a challenging and evolving tax environment. Some temporary roles have also been created to help with the integration activities. These new roles will join Disney at a very exciting time, not only the Fox integration but also due to significant business developments (e.g. Disney + streaming service). So it is a great time to join a growing dynamic team in an exciting and fun company.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.