Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Animator - ILM TV London, United KingdomApply Now Apply Later Job ID o8tA9fw4 Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Mar. 07, 2019
Industrial Light & Magic (UK) Limited
SeniorAnimator– ILM TV
(Intent and purpose of the job)
Responsiblefor designing and creating the motion of computer graphics characters within a shot while overseeing the animation of a sequence of shots on a specific production.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities
(Key duties or essential priorities for fulfilling the job’s purpose)
- Lead creation of outstanding animation for graphics creatures and objects within a shot, using various animation software programs
- Comprehend and execute direction from Lead Animator or Animation Supervisor
- May supervise the work of entry, mid and mid-high level animators at the discretion of the Animation Supervisor
- Participates as a team member in determining various aesthetic solutions; provides feedback to other members of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis
- Expected to train and mentor new Animators as well as provide technical assistance to the show supervisors before and during the production
- Maintain or exceed a consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work.
- Performs other tasks related to the creation of computer-generated animation.
Direct Reports(Number of people this positionsupervises and job titles of their positions.)
(Does thejob managea department budget?;What is the approximate amount of the budget?)
Key Peers or Relationships
(Positionsin the organizationin which good relationshipsare important for success in this role.)
Animation Supervisors, Animation Leads, Key Creatives, Department Production Manager
Decision Making Authority
(If thejobhas decision making authority, site and describe typical examples)
(Education, Experience and Skills/Competencies)
- Proven track record of delivering high end VFX across a range of episodic television genres
- Strong understanding of the pace and production process of episodic television.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’sDegree or equivalent in traditional animation
- Significant of experienceworking in cel, stopmotion or computer animation withexperienceworking on feature films.
- Expert knowledge of traditional animation principles, acting, film production and compositional design while demonstrating exceptional skills as an animator based as evidenced by portfolio, demo reel and references.
- Significant experience working atMid-Level Animatorlevelin conjunction with recommendations for advancement by the Animation Supervisors and the Department Manager.
RequiredTechnicalSkills / Competencies:
•Knowledge of UNIX and shell scripting; expert knowledge of Maya, proprietary and other software programs.
•Knowledge of chaining and constraint techniques.
•Knowledge of both the CG production pipeline and the other production processes at ILM.
•Excellent organization and communications skills.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.