Senior Broadcast Technical Analyst
London, LND - GBApply NowApply Later
Job ID 770372BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jan. 13, 2021
Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) brings together the Company's best-in-class product, technology, and commercialisation teams together into one global organisation. DMED is responsible for the P&L management and all distribution, network, and engineering operations, sales, advertising, data and certain key technology functions worldwide for the Company’s content engines. DMED also manages operations the Company’s streaming services including Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+, Disney+ Hotstar; and domestic broadcast and cable television networks.
DMED operates a high volume and fast-paced environment where it relies on key staff to provide tier 1, 2 and 3 support for all systems involved in the playout automation, programming contribution and content distribution for The Walt Disney Company.
The role within Media Engineering and Operations (MEO), a division of DMED focuses on providing best-in-class technical support at tier 1, 2, and 3 levels for our internal playout facilities and related systems managed by our Third Party Partners within EMEA region.
The internal Playout systems are primarily based around INETSAT Automation employing Cloud based technologies for applications and media management. While external playout systems may be comprised of various technologies and systems, some of which are integrated with MEO systems.
In this role, you will coordinate, diagnose, and troubleshoot incoming DMED employee and partner support calls relating to Playout systems and workflows. You will provide communication to business leadership/operations teams and external partners on the status and resolution of reported incidents.
You will monitor and maintain logs of playout services to ensure that SLA’s are achieved and can be reported on as required. You will manage business requests for technical changes to playout automation and system systems, which includes project managing the delivery, managing new channels launches, migration of channels along with introducing new services and workflows within MEO.
- Manage reported calls with regards playout systems, assist in the resolution if possible, or escalate where necessary, while undertaking documenting and final resolution of all reported technical issues.
- In the absence of a Manager, a Sr. Technical Analyst will perform supervisory roles including prioritization, leadership, day-to-day management, and reporting up to senior leadership.
- Work with other Depts, Media Operations, Broadcast Application Systems, Sales, and IT in designing new systems, applications, and workflows.
- Manage requests for changes to secondary elements for channels, which will include design, configuration, testing and rollout.
- Assist other colleagues in EMO in developing applications, workflows, and procedures for playout.
- Manage the build and testing of playout infrastructure and related system, this includes playout automation servers, Graphics equipment, Media, and system interfaces.
- Communicates with both internal and external contacts at a variety of organizational levels with regards problems, or forthcoming planned activities.
- Continuously review playout operational workflows to ensure maximum efficiency and improvement.
- Define and manage business rules and procedures to ensure timely delivery of content and playlists required for playout operations.
- Provide technical assistance to internal/external colleagues with regards to playlist formats and media delivery specifications.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Has extensive (minimum 5 years) knowledge related to Broadcast playout operations, Media operations, including Broadcast management systems.
- Basic to intermediate computer certification(s) or ITIL Certification
- Has knowledge related to content creation, media formats, audio format, and media transport methods.
- Should also have extensive knowledge of XML, some experience with scripting applications.
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of playout automation system
- Has previous experience (minimum 5 years) related to Broadcast playout operations, Media operations, Digital Media.
- Minimum, Associates degree and or comparable military/civilian work experience in an appropriate technical area
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.