Senior Cash Analyst, Retail & eCommerceApply NowApply Later Job ID 829670BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jul. 16, 2021
Job & LOB Summary
The Retail & D2C Senior Analyst will support Direct to Consumer sales to cash platforms; inclusive of Retail and eCommerce banking, sales audit, loss prevention and related systems maintenance, upgrades, or efficiency projects to include new business initiatives.
The Senior Analyst is responsible for acting as the first level of operational support to the Cash Analysts while also monitoring and controlling data interfaces, analysing sales, cash, bank fee data and provide robust reporting to the business. The Senior Analyst will assist in troubleshooting complex system and application processes ensuring operational effectiveness in daily reconciliations. Due to the complexity of this role, large volume of data, different data flows & formats, and the dependence on supporting third parties, it is fundamental for the Analyst to understand retail services, warehouse and distribution, eCommerce platforms, merchant services, and an advance knowledge of systems and interfaces.
The Opportunity & Responsibilities:
- Assist the Cash Manager in managing business relationships and accounting processes while driving efficiencies in systems and processes.
- Ensure timely and accuracy of transactional processing and accounting entries across all areas of Retail and the eCommerce platforms.
- Participate in and oversee period close activities ensuring all deadlines across the operations are met and escalating to management any unforeseen issues or concerns.
- Analyze opportunities, develop viable solutions to implement process improvements. Seek out and implement industry best practices.
- Evaluate and recommend to the Cash Manager and Compliance Team appropriate internal controls where necessary. Ensure compliance with SOC and oversee processes and support testing as required.
- Complete daily /monthly closing procedures and journal entries for sales audit, bank/ credit card fees and chargebacks, and A/R clearings.
- Develop and generate management reports, review and analyse information for loss prevention and business finance stakeholders (Sales Audit Control Reporting) to identify and explain potential loss or variances against business forecast.
- Analyse management reports for Retail and eCommerce to identify training, policy and procedure changes, and process improvement opportunities.
- Analyse bank/ credit card fees identifying overcharges and potential savings opportunities.
- Complete weekly front of house & balance sheet reconciliations for bank and bank charges, A/R, VAT, and other relevant balance sheet accounts impacting Retail or D2C. In support of the Cash Manager, also review other Cash Analyst reconciliations for accuracy and completion of reconciliations.
- Assist with analysing, automating and streamlining Retail and D2C processes and other business and process activities to improve the overall effectiveness and efficiency of operations.
- Assist with the year-end financial audit and testing of SOX controls.
- Perform variance analysis and explain the revenue and cost lines that are outside of business/financial thresholds as it pertains to Sales/AR/Bank Fees. Research and troubleshoot any adjustments or reconciling items to include liaising with business finance teams, operations teams, IT, the warehouse, and any other pertinent stakeholders to resolve timely.
- Checking information has been loaded correctly loaded into the reconciliation system. Troubleshooting and, where necessary, co-ordinating with IT/ business analyst/Treasury and external partners to resolve the issue ensuring issues flagged are resolved within 2 business days and escalated to management if issue cannot be resolved timely.
- Analysing matching items and resolving the exceptions, including liaising with the business on missing cash receipts (physical stores), missing payment captures and chargebacks/exchanges (ecommerce and physical).
- On a weekly basis interfacing the analysed data into SAP to allow for the preparation of the management accounts.
- Prepare sales control report for the business – highlighting any risk areas.
- Account for bank fees and sense check against negotiated contracted terms.
- Prepare, review, and post monthly sales and VAT postings.
- Prepare weekly reconciliations for the A/R and bank accounts.
- Prepare monthly turnover statements for the business as required.
- Work with Line Manager to propose changes to optimise processes.
- Liaise with Payment Acquirers (Worldpay, Elavon….) on the information processes and to follow-up on fees/chargebacks.
- Assist in the migration of new LOBs into the reconciliation system, this may include performing UAT testing, reviewing project process flows, and validating process integration recommendations.
- Liaising with internal & external auditors as required, and assisting accounting manager with all audit deliverables.
The Experience We Require From You:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related business field
- Part-Qualified ACCA or CIMA
- Significant experience in Retail and eCommerce is essential to include knowledge of Treasury, Financial, or Accounting experience is required.
- Possess good business judgement and strong systems and analytical skills.
- Competencies required: organized, accurate, analytical, collaborative, excellent communication skills, process re-engineering, time management.
- Knowledge and working experience with a reconciliation and matching solution; preferably using FiServ – Frontier and Recollector, Blackline, or Trintech type solutions.
- Strong technical accounting knowledge with attention to detail and accuracy and timeliness
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work under pressure and to report to tight deadlines.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot and process re-engineer utilising complex systems and tools.
- Demonstrated advanced level use of Excel and building of Macros, VBA, lookups and pivot tables, Access database, and Visio process flowing.
- Good understanding of accounting principles
- Persistence in pushing through modifications in particular with local teams and banking partners.
- 25 days’ annual leave
- Private medical insurance & dental care
- Free Park Entry: You will have the opportunity to enter any of our parks with your family and friends for free
- Disney Discounts: you are entitled to discounts on designated Disney products, resort F&B and ticketing
- Flexible working hours are available
- Excellent maternity & paternity leave
- Business Resource Groups – Women @ Disney, Diversity @ Disney, Pride @ Disney etc.
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.