Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Category Manager - Sourcing and Procurement, EMEAApply Now Apply Later Job ID 525718BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Walt Disney International Brand Walt Disney International Date posted Apr. 19, 2018
Job Summary:The Walt Disney Company is looking for a Senior Category Manager - Sourcing and Procurement EMEA to join our team based in Hammersmith on a permanent basis.
Responsibilities:The Senior Category Manager – Sourcing & Procurement, will be responsible for managing the company’s third party spend in the general/professional services category.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing the long term category strategy and category plans for EMEA cross-LOB/cross-country spend.
- Partnering with the Category Board and LOBs to establish the EMEA LOB cost efficiency Strat- plan and AOPs
- Accountability for the savings delivery of the category plans
- Developing the proposed plan and governance for implementation of the cross-country/cross-LOB projects
- Nurturing and developing relationships with key senior stakeholders, as well as build /establish strategic relationships with key suppliers
- Leading the key sourcing initiatives for the Category, supervising Category Specialists and providing guidance to any category related project executed by Local Sourcing teams
- Leveraging global scalability and adhering to global categories where applicable
- Providing rigorous cost and market analysis following the models established by Strategic Sourcing focusing on the total value of ownership
- Facilitating relationships with key suppliers in partnership with Senior Executives Sponsors
- University graduate
- CIPS Qualification
- Experience of Category management in a similar regional position
- Proven experience in sourcing General Services / Professional Services Category related products and services in a large corporation
- Experience as Category Manager in a multinational / multi LOB environment
- Experience in Media, Entertainment, FMCG Multinational Companies
- Experience in managing a virtual team and cross territory collaboration
- A second European language is advantageous
Additional Information:Suitable candidates must be able to undertake up to 10% international travel.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefits
Right to work in the UK:
About Walt Disney International:
Working directly with amazing brands, you and your team will touch lives around the world. Get ready to be creative, work with advanced technology and grow your skills with a pioneer in entertainment and technology. Join us, and be part of the story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney International.