Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Commercial Manager, 12 month FTCApply Now Apply Later Job ID 546502BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Brand Disney Licensing Date posted 04/12/2018
Job Summary:We are seeking an experienced candidate to fill the position of Head of Local Licensing on a 12 month fixed term contract, based in Hammersmith London.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the cluster of categories within the ‘Local Licensing’ remit and the commercial managers responsible for each area. They will optimise sales for existing and new opportunities and develop a strong relationship with category buyers across the diverse retail landscape. Additional day to day objectives include managing overall stakeholders, both external and internal.
Responsibilities:Category, Retail & Financial Responsibilities:
- Deliver the local Hardlines AOP through the following strategies;
- Set the category strategies for each local business area, taking into account growth ambition and product viability
- Effective joint business planning with the licensee base, ensuring joint goals are agreed upon, and above all delivered in line with the forecast
- Identify product formats / categories to deliver incremental growth, alongside our Regional / Global portfolio these initiatives should complete our overall category offer
- Development of product specific to the UK market needs – product should be innovative and channel appropriate
- Be the centre of excellence for working at pace, drive team behaviours that demonstrate flexibility and nimbleness
- Actively seek partners to licensee who can deliver on trends, innovation and crazes
- Ensuring a clear understanding of Global strategies and translate to deliverable plans for the UK
- Certify the right partners are recruited to deliver these strategic goals; managing pitches, negotiation and the contract processes
- Ensure the product developed is diverse enough to fill any gaps left by global/regional ranges and meets the needs of the local market from price point, audience, retail distribution to purchase occasion
- Work hand in hand with retail lead and licensees to create marketing and retail strategies and communicate closely with each retail buyers to tackle and challenges as well as optimise sales
- Be wholly responsible for ensuring the forecast process is adhered to and where required coach the licensee on the importance of achieving accurate forecasts. Be responsible for the P&L of own licensees
- Maximise synergy opportunities across The Walt Disney Company, working with all UK lines of businesses for the delivery of key initiatives which support the wider UK business priorities with focus on PR, Disney Media+, Franchise, Digital, Channel & direct to retail
- Infant Preschool & Plush
- Stationery, Party, Arts & Crafts
- Outdoor, Games & Puzzles
- Greeting Cards
- New Business
- Hardlines Intern
- Proven commercial experience in the Toy/Stationery industry or related field
- Brand Management experience is preferred
- Experience of retail and/or the licensed industry would be of benefit
- Degree trained in business studies, marketing or a related field
- Strong presentation, communication and influencing skills
- Strong leadership skills with ability to lead a variety of direct reports and categories
- Ability to develop and manage relationships both internally and externally at all levels and across divisions
- Can thrive within a large corporate environment, understanding the dynamics and challenges of a matrix organisation
- Results-oriented, keen to challenge status quo, introduce new business practices and take calculated risks
- Role can involve some UK / European travel
About Disney Licensing:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Licensing.