Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Commercial Manager, Fashion, 12 Month Fixed Term ContractApply Now Apply Later Job ID 667925BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Disney Licensing Date posted May. 22, 2019
We have an opportunity for an experienced, commercial Fashion professional to join our Licensing Sales team in west London.
If you have a background in fashion buying and product development, merchandising or commercial fashion sales, please read on!
The Senior Manager will be responsible for key commercial, product and marketing initiatives with specific focus on Apparel. Covering a wide portfolio of licensee partners, they will develop and execute regional (EMEA) long term and fiscal year strategies to maximise the Fashion category in order to reach all consumer demographics and maximise sales and earned revenue.
- Develop, set and execute the long term strategy for Disney Fashion in conjunction with relevant stakeholders including plans for new business for each sub-category and franchise
- Manage the annual operating plan and quarterly forecasting process, developing licensee objectives and strategies to drive growth, working with markets, consumer demo groups, category teams, franchise, marketing, product development and finance
- Actively manage and cultivate the relationship engagement, partnership and joint business planning with each EMEA account/licensee, new and existing
- Evaluate licensee base and drive a rationalisation plan to ensure effective and focused business management and strategic planning to support growth across categories
- Lead and execute all contract negotiations with licensees and distributors to maximise Disney royalty revenue and appropriately inform all key stakeholders with the relevant information (global, EMEA and local as required)
- Work closely with the creative teams on product development and the marketing teams to support the sale of the product as required by licensee/retailer
- Identify, pitch and secure new licensees that enhance the category growth in a substantial manner
- Collaborate and develop strong relationships with Disney market teams providing information and regular strategy and franchise updates as well as understanding and satisfying local market needs and differences. Utilise these relationships to share best practise
- Establish a good working relationship with US counterparts to ensure regular communication flow on latest initiatives and ongoing liaison regarding joint/global licensees where relevant
- A background in fashion buying and product development, merchandising or commercial fashion sales, beneficial for softlines
- Experience within consumer products management
- Proven experience of building effective relationships, leading and managing change and collaboration across departments to achieve financial targets and joint goals
- Financial acumen
- Ability to analyse data, construct practical conclusions and implement recommendations to achieve business targets
- An ability to be agile in order to capitalise on the moment and identify new opportunities and target partners
- A good eye for digital, social and brick and mortar marketing
- Excellent commercial and strategic approaches to problem solving and innovation
- This position is offered as a 12 month fixed term contract
- Occasional UK, European or international travel may be required
About Disney Licensing:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Licensing.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.