Senior Compensation Analyst (12 month FTC)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 768821BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Nov. 24, 2020
We are looking for an experienced Compensation Analyst with strong HR project management skills to join our busy team to assist the Senior C&B Manager with all project, cyclical day- to- day compensation activity.
The role’s primary focus will be building relationships with HR colleagues across EMEA & providing them with reward- related advice backed up with sound & robust analysis & market insights.
We are looking for a driven individual possessing a high level of numeracy and adept technical ability (namely with Microsoft Excel). The role will be working under the Senior Compensation & Benefits Manager and among 3 other Analysts, each with their own remits and specialisms.
- Support Senior C&B Manager on Compensation projects. Integration and harmonization of company compensation plans
- Assisting the C&B Manager with coordination of the following C&B cyclical activities: annual salary planning, annual sales bonus calculations, salary range compilation and International Bonus and Long-term incentive planning
- Building Excel-based tools to enable the team to calculate and record analysis efficiently and accurately
- Collating and presenting results of data analysis via Excel or PowerPoint
- Process promotions and adjustments, providing salary and total compensation recommendations and justifications
- Routine salary and benefit benchmarking and appraisal (against internal and external market)
- Be a point-of-contact for HR
- Communicating with HR contacts across EMEA in order to collate or distribute information in relation to Compensation/Benefits related activities
- Providing support to C&B Director when required on Executive Compensation
- Data input into appropriate trackers and templates
- There will be some routine reward administration & weekly/ month reporting activities and some strict deadlines to adhere to
Project work will include:
- Benchmarking analysis of whole departments in order to pinpoint priorities and create robust salary ranges
- Coordination and aiding the submission of salary surveys
- Assisting with the implementation and roll-out of Enterprise-wide initiatives and directives from the US
Skills & Experience
- Strong HR project management skills. Experience with conducting an annual salary/bonus review process in a large organisation will be a strong advantage
- Demonstrable HRIS experience and technical savviness
- High level of Excel proficiency. Vlookups, IF statements, Pivot tables and familiarity with a wide range of Excel formulas are essential to the role. Experience with VBA (macro building) will be a strong advantage
- High level of numeracy. Ability to easily understand and calculate percentages, pro-rata’d amounts, interpret statistics and deal with mathematical concepts related to compensation
- Experience of coordinating reward processes on an international scale
- Generalist HR experience, or experience of working as part of a wider HR Department
- Strong Powerpoint skills
- Excellent presentation skills in excel – presenting a range of mathematical concepts and data sets in an audience-friendly way
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.