Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Compensation Manager EMEAApply Now Apply Later Job ID 714526BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Nov. 04, 2019
The successful candidate will have strong stakeholder management and relationship building with Regional HR business partners, local compensation community and local HR across the region. Providing advice and guidance on the delivery of Compensation & Benefits initiatives, policies and processes.
The scope of this role will also include providing support for cross LOB Compensation & Benefits initiatives impacting countries in the region.
As one of the senior members of the team, the Senior Manager will help develop the talented team of Analysts alongside the other managers. They will need to be able to work with autonomy and deal with multiple diverse stakeholders within their own function and the wider business.
- Manage the overall delivery of the key compensation cycles for the Region (Merit, bonus, stock), working closely with Regional Business Partners, local compensation community and Burbank to ensure provision of accurate consolidated regional data
- Partner with Regional HR Business partner & local HR, be familiar with the organisation structure of the businesses supported and act as an internal consultant on all projects/initiatives with a compensation impact
- Work in partnership with equivalent peers in the US offices (NYC and LA) in order to establish efficient C&B processes which align global initiatives with local practice
- Identify, develop/design, gain necessary approval and implement tailored reward solutions within agreed operating frameworks
- Act as ‘Subject Matter Expert’ for identified area: consult and advise local HR during business case development and take forward to Burbank for approval
- Act as ‘Process Owner’ for identified area: Manage the development, maintenance and continuous improvement of process for the entire Region working with key stakeholders to achieve successful end to end delivery
- Working closely with the business and local HR/C&B, manage the deal development/negotiations on all Executive packages (Director & above) using local benchmarking information and working within the agreed approval matrix
- Work with local C&B in the development and/or maintenance of salary ranges for the Region
- Manage the effective use of the Global relocation policies providing guidance and advice to local HR to ensure appropriate deals are established
- Develop and/or maintain external networks at a Regional level to act efficiently as an expert in trends and comp initiatives for the EMEA market. Suggest changes if appropriate to Country HR/local C&B
- Apply commercial thinking and an understanding of the business and HR to provide pragmatic and informed HR solutions and ideas which meet both the business needs and fit with the HR agenda
- Monitor the competitiveness of Regional compensation plans and work with local C&B to ensure legal compliance where necessary. Following the Global approval matrix make recommendations for change as necessary
- Line management of two analysts, including responsibility of work delegation and development, including performance reviews
Skills & Experience:
- Degree level or equivalent experience
- Proven experience in Compensation role at manager level
- Proven experience of working in a multi-national, fast-paced, progressive commercial organisations
- Proven experience gained within a US multi-national or similar matrixed organisation
- Experience of working with benefits would be highly desirable
- Experience of team management would be highly desirable
- Working experience with compensation & benefits employee data maintenance of an HRIS system (preferably, Workday).
- Proficiency in/knowledge of compensation & benefits consultancy reporting tools and surveys would be an advantage
- A proficiency in/experience using HR Information Systems (Workday. SAP or PeopleSoft) would be an advantage
- Advanced Microsoft Excel proficiency is essential
- Evidence of having successfully program managed large, complex projects or programs, achieving satisfaction & timeline objectives
- Strong communication skills in the presentation of plans for review and approval, and in communication of plans to managers and employees
- Specific EMEA experience would be highly advantageous
- Demonstrable experience of grasping issues quickly and delivering effective and efficient solutions
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.