Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Data Analyst, Disney+Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 701942BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Sep. 10, 2019
The Disney+ team is responsible for the launch and day to day operation of Disney+ across Europe and Africa, specifically focused on customer acquisition and retention, marketing, partnerships and synergy, content programming, research and analytics.
The Senior Data Analyst will help track and understand shifts in key performance indicators aligned to growth, customer management and audience behaviour. They will generate detailed customer understanding around acquisition behaviour, product & content; usage, adoption, value, loyalty and quantify any impact of product, proposition and service changes.
This position will be able to master exploratory analysis, advanced reporting, deploy modelling and hypothesis testing via multivariate experiments, all in close collaboration with partners across the Data team and business groups. This is a permanent opportunity based in the London Hammersmith head office.
- Liaise with internal business stakeholders to understand their objectives, challenges and opportunities.
- Use exploratory analysis to deeply understand customers and their behaviours across platforms.
- Influence internal stakeholders.
- Partner with functional dept leads on end-to-end process of test design, implementation and analysis.
- Influence internal stakeholders at all levels of the organization to take actions based on insights generated to seize business opportunities.
- Communicate findings and insights to stakeholders across the company in a crystal clear and crisp way that avoids any potential confusion.
- Improve data fluency across the business to maximise self-sufficiency levels.
- Experience in providing analytics to inform customer acquisition, retention, audience behaviour and marketing.
- Demonstrable work experience using SQL is required (we will assess this in the interview process).
- Direct experience working in web / digital / mobile/ video analytics or in web-based businesses.
- Experience in applying multivariate statistics, including logistic regression modelling, to business problems.
- Experience with defining, implementing and analysing A/B and multivariate experiments.
- Ability to think strategically, analyse and interpret market and consumer information.
- Strong communication and presentation skills – written, visual, and verbal presentations.
- Additional programming languages (e.g. Python/R) are preferred.
- Degree in an analytical field such as economics, mathematics, or computer science is desired. Advanced degree is a plus.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work seamlessly with a cross-functional team of analysts, technologists, marketers and product managers.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Cake Solutions Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Cake Solutions Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.