Senior Diversity & Inclusion Manager EMEAApply NowApply Later Job ID 771586BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jan. 05, 2021
In addition, this role will ensure alignment with all segments and Enterprise D&I Centre of Excellence. Partnering with leadership and HR teams across EMEA, providing subject matter expertise on relevant D&I practice across the region. Reporting to the Director, Diversity & Inclusion, EMEA, this role will support multiple initiatives and work on key strategic D&I priorities across the region. This role spans all dimensions of diversity, identity and/or interests for colleagues across the EMEA region.
Responsibilities:Partner with HR and Business Leaders to drive and implement EMEA D&I Strategy
- In partnership with senior HR, business leadership, and EMEA D&I Exec sponsors, develop and implement plan to activate on the D&I strategy for EMEA (i.e. priorities, programs, initiatives, etc.) ensuring timely delivery of objectives to a high standard
- Provide deep subject matter expertise and D&I counsel to problem solve, design and deliver strategic, segment-wide solutions and partner with D&I leaders across Disney on enterprise-wide initiatives (i.e. BERGs – Business Employee Resource Groups)
- Identify, develop, and foster relationships with industry thought leaders, consultants, vendors, and partners to apply best practice thinking and help drive D&I mindset and priorities across the business globally
- In partnership with HR COEs integrate D&I into HR strategies, practices and processes around people and culture (i.e. talent acquisition, talent management, learning and development, performance management) to attract and retain diverse talent
- In partnership with Insights team develop and analyse actionable, proactive metrics that support monitoring, needs analysis and strategic insights on D&I trends to support people and culture related priorities across the segment
- Conduct regular benchmarking internal and externally and recommend strategies relevant for our core businesses; connecting with the appropriate external partners to enhance our community presence.
Lead On-Going Program Management for D&I across EMEA
- Develop and deliver segment-wide programs, initiatives, and services to advance diversity and inclusion within the organization, and monitor effectiveness of an inclusive culture and diverse workforce
- Manages an on-going calendar of activities, initiatives, and programming while managing and influencing multiple projects with a variety of stakeholders across teams, businesses, and geographies
- Partner and collaborate with HR/D&I points of contact both across EMEA and in the US to ensure relevance of programs, initiatives and services within the markets they serve.
- Support and provide guidance to Disney Business Employee Resource Groups (BERGs) including Women at Disney, Women in Tech, PRIDE, Disney Diversity &TRUST (Mental Health) in line with global BERG framework to ensure effective integration, partnership, and regional coordination with overarching strategy
- Manage diversity related learning experiences including customized programs, working with the learning and development COE to integrate and adapt diversity principles and priorities into leadership and general curriculum.
- Liaise with the D&I COEs around global programs and initiatives, and coordinate engagement across EMEA
HRBP Enablement & Reporting to Drive Action & Results
- Consults with HR leaders to develop, integrate and translate analytics-driven D&I strategies into functional and regional people and culture strategies that support and enable business objectives
- Provide on-going reporting in partnership with Talent Management, Talent Acquisition and People Insights to measure the effectiveness of diversity and inclusion practices and impact on business results
- Equip HR Business Partners to engage in conversations with business leader clients to support the design and implementation of specific diversity and inclusion agendas with each function and region
- Provide specific, practical, and actionable tools and resources (i.e. dashboards, templates, etc.) for HR Business Partners to help advance D&I conversations within each function and region globally
- Provide learning and development experiences and opportunities to HR practitioners globally to help advance the D&I mindset and skill building for HR Business Partners to advance the D&I agenda across the globe
Basic Qualifications:Skills & Experience
- Proven experience leading diversity & inclusion for a large matrix organisation at a leadership level
- Experience operating in a large corporate, matrix environment in a project management / coordination capacity likely within Consulting, HR, Finance or Strategy preferred
- Proven track record and ability to influence and partner with business and HR leaders to successfully drive large scale organization initiatives and gain their commitment and support/sponsorship
- In depth knowledge and credibility with diversity concepts and programs (i.e. community outreach, corporate programs, learning initiatives, external trends, global application of D&I concepts)
- Ability to work with many cross-functional internal and external partners and teams, in a matrix environment with a high sense of urgency and action orientation to drive results
- An advisor, influencer, and coach, who leads through others at all levels of the organization with outstanding presentation and communication skills (i.e. storytelling, executive presence, etc.)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with ability to communicate in clear and compelling ways and adapts appropriately to the environment and audience (i.e. senior leadership, diverse functions, across regions, etc.)
- Moves quickly into action and provides regular communication and visible progress against objectives – can quickly turn an idea into action and test and learn
- Passion for diversity, equity & inclusion and fostering an agile, inclusive workplace of belonging for all employees
- Demonstrates a proactive approach and takes ownership – and awareness of the impact of their actions
- Pragmatic and able to develop solutions that will show results in the business environment we operate in
- Self-starter, capable of taking ambiguous concepts through to practical rollout
- Committed and driven, will work tenaciously to ensure the delivery of work requirements
- Able to request information when needed and respond quickly to project adjustments and alterations
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.