Senior E-Commerce Manager, Category & New BusinessApply NowApply Later Job ID 860560BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Disney Licensing Date posted Sep. 14, 2021
The Senior Manager will create The Walt Disney Company consumer products framework for the third party e-commerce business, identifying opportunities with third party retailers, marketplace platforms and new business by:
- Having a core focus on driving the growth of the consumer products business, driven through working closely with licensees and through developing new and innovative flexible business models.
- Working closely with internal teams to develop and deliver a sustainable and commercially minded strategy across marketplace platforms, encouraging new paths to purchase, enhancing consumer product brand proposition and positioning.
The strategy will be consumer focused, ensuring that the many opportunities identified for growth are fulfilled by connecting Disney merchandise through e-commerce channels with key consumer groups whilst also in consideration of growing all franchise priorities, including Disney, Star Wars, Marvel and Pixar.
- Review and develop the CPGP third party e-commerce licensed product, flexible business model and marketplace strategy, in line with the overall Direct to Consumer Retail strategy.
- Engage key stakeholders in this strategy and translate it into measurable objectives
- From a third party perspective, develop the digital and online licensed product businesses, super-serving agreed priority partners and developing scalable, commercially orientated processes and ways of working
- Collaborate and work closely with consumer product category and franchise teams, aligning on growth strategy and setting out plans to exceed joint KPIs
- Work closely with teams internally to review digital consumer product standards and find new ways to improve base levels
- Scope out third party service provider options and seek internal solutions to enhance online consumer product content setup, performance and insights, for future optimisation and growth
- As appropriate, work closely with third party e-commerce marketing and wider marketing teams, with an emphasis on improving practices and enhancing performance insight metrics
- Conduct review and assessment of current consumer product partner and licensee base, assessing digital capabilities
- Be the central liaison for third party e-commerce category and franchise internally and across local markets
- Liaise with consumer products senior category leads, and, where required, lead in the creation of building scalable new business models, bringing about market growth, range diversity and region expansion
- Foster close relationships and ways of working with global teams in the scaling of new business initiatives
- Work with third party e-commerce retailers to find new, innovative, sustainable business models and product routes to market
- Create and deliver business plan for Direct to Consumer Retail marketplace entry
- Ability to consult on cross-functional projects to ensure e-commerce principles are incorporated
- Commercially minded, analytical, ability to interpret/manage targets and communicate results
- Cultural sensitivity with strong influencing skills with the ability to achieve buy-in at all levels
- Strong leadership skills with ability to lead a virtual team across different lines of business and business models translating the vision into goals, objectives and deliverables
- Ability to develop and manage relationships both internally and externally at all levels and across divisions
- Extensive knowledge of e-commerce business models and retail industry trends including channels, customers, promotion and product
- Understanding of other licensing and vertical categories, beneficial
- A seasoned digital professional with extensive experience of e-commerce, web analytics and usability at a regional/local level, as appropriate
- Experience in marketplace integration and direct-to-consumer business expansion
- Experience in working with licensees within a consumer products business
- Experience in direct-to-retailer licensing and print on demand business models
- Experience of managing stakeholders within an omni-channel/direct-to-consumer, matrix organisation with an understanding of recent third party e-commerce operations, owner run and white label
- Experience of working in branded consumer environments (retail/supplier) with an understanding and appreciation of digital marketing and brand management
About Disney Licensing:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Licensing.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.