Senior Finance Analyst - 12 month FTCApply NowApply Later Job ID 913961BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jan. 09, 2022
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Financial Analyst within our Softlines business on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract to cover maternity leave within the team. This role, reporting into the Finance Manager of Softlines will provide commercial support to our Sales team working on Fashion and Home partnerships.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Lead the quarterly forecast and close process for the EMEA Softlines business (Footwear & Accessories categories). This includes;
- Ensuring all templates are set up accurately and on time
- Reviewing licensee forecasts and ensuring these are uploaded correctly
- Liaising with the local markets and communicating deadlines
- Managing key reporting tools for the team to use
- Provide commentary on reasons for variances to prior forecasts and how business is trading across brands and markets.
- Keeping a track of the true-ups, following the quarter close
- Working closely with revenue accounting to manage postings
- Perform all necessary reporting and analysis to ensure the FP&A processes are timely, accurate and communicated to key stakeholders.
- Prepare all necessary schedules and analysis to support the presentation and explanation of the AOP, Forecast, Close and 5YP.
- Work closely with the Regional Softlines Finance and Commercial team to provide regular updates on the performance of the Softlines business by licensee, retailer, sub category, market and franchise.
- Assist the Softlines Commercial team with the management of their key partners including business plan finalization, contract renewals, shortfall situations and key audit findings.
- Analysis of market data (e.g. Kantar and Euromonitor) to help assist with decision-making.
- Ad hoc analysis and reporting as required.
- Manage an intern throughout their placement.
Experience and Qualifications required:
- Degree level essential and Accounting qualification + experience of an equivalent Finance role.
- Experience of working within the retail / licensing sector preferably for a US corporation.
- Experience of supporting commercial management to a high standard and working with the Regional Finance and Commercial head office.
- Demonstrable track record of providing commercial support to a business partner that’s insightful, timely and responsive.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to produce clear and insightful analysis that delivers key messaging at the appropriate level of detail.
- Numerate and analytical with a desire to think through and resolve problems.
- Results focussed and outcome driven.
- Fostering a ‘one team’ culture in day-to-day role.
- Thinks Strategically
- Builds Relationships
- Communicates Effectively
- Drives Results
- Exhibits Professional Excellence
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.