Senior Finance Analyst, Content Sales Europe & AfricaApply NowApply Later Job ID 765457BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Sep. 08, 2020
We have a great opportunity for a Senior Finance Analyst (SFA) who has a strong media background and excellent stakeholder management skills. The role sits in the Regional Content Sales Finance team, which is responsible for financial planning & analysis, commercial support and collating the annual budget and quarterly forecasts for Programme Sales across EMEA.
The Senior Finance Analyst is a high profile role with multiple stakeholders, at a senior level, both within EMEA and Direct-to-Consumer-International (DTCI). The SFA supports the Finance Manager in all areas to drive a value-add approach to the Finance team’s activities within the business.
- Prepare all necessary analysis, reporting and presentations for the Quarterly Forecast and AOP processes and provide support to the 5YP process for Disney Content Sales, Europe & Africa from both a Regional and UK&Ireland perspective.
- Adopt a business partnering approach whilst providing financial and commercial support to Content Sales UK&Ireland sales teams, on deal renewals and other sales activity
- Co-ordinate with Accounting and Controllership to support the UK&Ireland Quarterly Close process
- Work closely with and provide guidance and support to all Europe and Africa Media Finance teams
- Support the Finance Manager to manage the Content Sales ultimates process and deliverables to US producer groups and support transfer pricing for Europe & Africa Disney Streaming service
- Support the Finance Manager and Director with any ad-hoc analysis, financial modelling, reporting and presentations as required
- Support the regional Media finance leadership to help facilitate significant changes to FP&A processes in order to deliver regionally led and managed planning cycles with streamlined input from territory teams
- Support a ‘one team’ approach within EMEA finance. Build a network amongst the finance community across lines of business and markets, sharing resources and knowledge.
- Adopt a flexible approach to provide ad hoc finance support to the finance leadership across all Media lines of business.
- ACA/CIMA Qualified or equivalent qualification.
- Experience in financial planning and analysis and experience of working in a similar role within the Media sector
- Experience working with financial IT systems, experience working with SAP/BW and Cognos Reporting and excellent proven Excel skills.
- Experience of working with and providing financial support to operational and commercial teams
- Must have managed junior team members showing evidence of developing and supporting them.
- Demonstrable track record of providing commercial support to business partners that is insightful, timely and responsive
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to produce clear and insightful presentations that deliver key messaging at the appropriate level of detail.
- Financial modelling and analysis
- Template creation and consolidation
- Numerate and analytical with a desire to think through and resolve problems
- Results focussed and outcome driven
Additional Information:The Perks:
- 25 days annual leave
- Private medical insurance & dental care
- Free Park Entry: You will have the opportunity to enter any of our parks with your family and friends for free
- Disney Discounts: you are entitled to discounts on designated Disney products, resort F&B and ticketing
- Flexible working hours are available
- Excellent maternity & paternity leave – duration?
- Business Resource Groups – Women @ Disney, Diversity @ Disney, Pride @ Disney etc.
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.