Senior Finance AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 746339BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business ABC Date posted Feb. 04, 2020
The Senior Financial Analyst provides a supporting role to London Managing Editor on all aspects of financial reporting and planning as well as operational support to editorial and operations partners. Working within an often very busy environment, the position offers the opportunity to work in a variety of finance related disciplines with the aim of providing business partners with the information that they require to run the business efficiently and production teams with the backing they need to deliver the news.
- Financial reporting & planning
- Assist in preparation of quarterly financial reports on foreign operations for presentation to business partners and consolidation in New York, including reclassifications, accrual preparations and variance analysis.
- Cost estimating and analysis of risks and opportunities.
- Preparation of forecasts, annual operating/long range plans including detailed supporting schedules analysing expense for international news coverage, operations and bureaus.
- Provision of financial analyses to business partners, enabling editorial/operations management to effect change in spending habits, including trends, modelling and scenario planning.
- Monitor foreign location news activity. Assess and report any financial implications resulting from those activities.
- Business and Operational support
- Support bureau cash requirements for travelling staff & contractors
- Monitoring utilisation of freelance contractors
- Prepare Annual returns such as HMRC PSA Agreement, Physical Values (insurance) reports etc.
- Additional ad hoc projects across the News finance division.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or finance related subject
- ACCA Accreditation or equivalent
- 3-4 years post graduate experience in finance
- Proficient in use of Excel
- Good interpersonal skills – able to build relationships with Business & Disney HR/Legal/Shared Services partners.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, maintain a flexible approach to work and readily provide solutions to problems. Handle multiple priorities (multi-task)
- Experienced in use of SAP, Cognos, TM1, Word and PowerPoint
- Previous media experience; genuine interest in news and current events
- Experience with close reporting/forecasting/data analysis/modelling
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ABC.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.