Senior Finance AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 10013430 Location London, United Kingdom Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Aug. 15, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Job Title: Senior Finance Analyst (12 Month Fixed-Term Contract)
Location: Hammersmith, London
Reporting to: Senior Finance Manager, Media Networks EMEA
The Opportunity & Responsibilities:
- Prepare all necessary analysis, reporting and presentations for the Quarterly Forecast and AOP processes and provide support to the 5YP process for Media Networks EMEA
- Work closely with and provide guidance and support to all EMEA market Media Finance teams
- Support the Media Networks Senior Finance Manager and Director with any ad-hoc analysis, financial modelling, reporting and presentations as required
- Manage the Channels programming and production finance processes and work closely with the Original Production team to provide financial and business support.
- Co-ordinate with Accounting and Controllership to support the Quarterly Close process.
- Support the regional Media finance leadership to help facilitate significant changes to FP&A processes in order to deliver regionally led and managed planning cycles with streamlined input from territory teams
- Support a ‘one team’ approach within EMEA finance. Build a network amongst the finance community across lines of business and markets, sharing resources and knowledge.
- Adopt a flexible approach to provide ad hoc finance support to the finance leadership across all Media lines of business.
The Experience We Require From You:
- ACA/CIMA Qualified or equivalent qualification.
- Experience in financial planning and analysis and experience of working in a similar role within the Media sector
- Experience working with financial IT systems, experience working with SAP/BW and Cognos Reporting and excellent proven Excel skills.
- Experience of working with and providing financial support to operational and commercial teams
- Demonstrable track record of providing commercial support to business partners that is insightful, timely and responsive
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to produce clear and insightful presentations that deliver key messages at the appropriate level of detail
- Financial modelling and analysis
- Template creation and consolidation
- Numerate and analytical with a desire to think through and resolve problems
- Results focused and outcome driven
- 25 days annual leave
- Private medical insurance & dental care
- Free Park Entry: You will have the opportunity to enter any of our parks with your family and friends for free
- Disney Discounts: you are entitled to discounts on designated Disney products, resort F&B and ticketing
- Hybrid working is available
- Excellent parental and guardian leave
- Employee Resource Groups – WOMEN @ Disney, Disney DIVERSITY, Disney PRIDE, our new disability & neurodiversity focused group - ENABLED, and our Mental Health & Wellbeing Group, TRUST.
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Limited, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
The Walt Disney Company Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.