Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Internal Communications Manager UK & EMEAApply Now Apply Later Job ID 615023BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Nov. 30, 2018
Job Summary:We are seeking an experienced candidate for a Senior Internal Communications Manager opportunity based in our EMEA head office in Hammersmith, London. This role is part of The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) Communications team, which deliver all external and internal comms across the various Disney businesses in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA). The internal comms function has grown in need and sophistication over the past several years and we are looking for a proven internal comms expert/ leader. This role is on an initial 12 month fixed term contract.
This is a strategic role that helps shape TWDC EMEA workplace by delivering inspiring and engaging communications to enhance company culture using a variety of communication tools, working closely with key stakeholders to ensure two-way communication between the EMEA & UK leadership teams / key business & function areas and our employees across the region.
The role supports the EMEA market-based comms teams and develops plans / assets that can be used across the region as currently the markets based outside the UK have limited internal comms resource. The role also leads the one UK-based manager for all internal communications with UK-based employees – our largest and most sophisticated internal comms market.
Strategy and planning
- Working closely with the VP of Corporate Communications EMEA as well as the Director of UK Communications on the development of the annual strategic plan for Internal Communications supporting key business priorities / initiatives – and determining the annual budget requirements and ensuring budgets are appropriately tracked / managed throughout the year
- Providing internal communication counsel and support to the VP Corporate Communications EMEA, Director of UK Communications, the President of TWDC EMEA, EMEA & UK leadership teams, line of business leaders and support function (e.g. HR, finance). Applying detailed understanding and knowledge of the business; interfacing with senior leaders to identify and create plans for meeting internal communication needs and delivering solutions at scale
- Clearly articulating to internal audiences the connection between internal communications and business opportunity
- Developing change management communications plans and delivering ongoing communications for specific initiatives to drive employee adoption and acculturation
- Developing plans, messaging and assets to support the EMEA-based comms team that can be used across the region
Executives and stakeholder management
- Driving a culture of communication in which everyone from business heads on down take ownership of and are held accountable for communicating strategies, priorities and best practices across the business
- Working with key stakeholders to manage and implement Internal Comms programmes to support key business initiatives (e.g. partnering with HR on the Employee Engagement Strategy)
- Managing Senior Executives to aciculate key messages for the UK Speaker Series and video updates
- Managing and implementing the annual UK Employee Forum for over 2,000 employees including working with key stakeholders from across the business and developing a theme, messaging etc.
- Researching, writing, developing and organising ‘town hall’ meetings with UK employees and supporting market teams in their own town hall initiatives
- Managing local UK events such as School’s Out and staff screenings
- Managing and daily servicing of key platforms such as the UK/EMEA intranet
- Researching, writing, editing and managing production of articles for external facing corporate websites (EMEA and US)
- Liaising with corporate communications resources within the region and with local IT resources to meet all communication needs
- Ability to work with local IT team to manage all internal communications IT requirements including computer systems and email mailing lists
- Working with US/global internal communications teams across divisions to gain better access to rich content, tools and applications for use locally
Measurement and evaluation
- Developing and evaluating new communications tools, platforms and plans / assets to employee communications to ensure the internal comms function is best in class
Areas of Accountability
- Accountable to the VP Corporate Comms EMEA and UK Director of Communications
- Working closely with the EMEA Comms / PR leadership, in-country Corporate Comms lead, key business areas and support functions (e.g. HR, facilities)
Experience and professional qualifications required
- Bachelor's degree or higher, or equivalent experience
- Proven experience in internal communications experience/expertise for a large enterprise or agency
- Demonstrated excellence in writing and editing required
- Must be able to interact with employees at all levels, including senior executives
- Ability to set clear goals and manage multiple assignments
- An understanding of deadlines and project management is essential
- Proven ability to self-direct and drive projects from start to finish
- Good understanding of IT communication systems
- Must be able to operate across different markets and LOBs
- Must be diplomatic, professional and able to handle confidential information
- Able to act as an ambassador for the department with key internal stakeholders
Flexible approach to working hours when required
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.