Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Licensing Sales Manager, Home TextilesApply Now Apply Later Job ID 701582BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Disney Licensing Date posted Sep. 10, 2019
- Develop, set and execute the long term strategy for the relevant category and/or account in conjunction with stakeholders including plans for new business for each sub-category and franchise
- Proactively lead the team to ensure delivery of departmental targets, ensuring a they are aware of the current business priorities and build any changes into the department plans
- Manage the annual operating plan and quarterly forecasting process, developing supplier (licensee) objectives and strategies, working with markets, consumer demo groups, category teams, franchise, marketing, product development and finance to drive growth
- Actively manage and cultivate the relationship engagement, partnership and joint business planning with each EMEA account/licensee, new and existing
- Evaluate licensee base and drive a rationalisation plan to ensure effective and focused business management and strategic planning to support growth across categories
- Lead and execute all contract negotiations with licensees and distributors to maximise Disney royalty revenue and appropriately inform all key stakeholders with the relevant information (global, EMEA and local as required)
- Work closely with the creative teams on product development and the marketing teams to support the sale of the product as required by licensee/retailer
- Communicate the International Labour Standards (ILS) process and be the conduit between the supplier and the Disney ILS team
- Identify, pitch and secure new licensees/retailers that enhance the category growth in a substantial manner maximising the ‘white space’ opportunities
- Collaborate and develop strong relationships with Disney market teams providing information and regular strategy and franchise updates as well as understanding and satisfying local market needs and differences. Utilise these relationships to share best practise
- Establish a good working relationship with global counterparts to ensure regular communication flow on latest initiatives and ongoing liaison regarding joint/global licensees where relevant
- Work closely with the other managers within the regional Licensing Sales team to coordinate ranges and launches with licensees across categories (hardlines only)
- In conjunction with legal team, deal with any legal issues affecting the country/region
About Disney Licensing:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Licensing.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.