Senior Licensing Sales Manager - Toys, HardlinesApply NowApply Later Job ID 952718BR Location London, United Kingdom Business Disney Licensing Date posted Apr. 05, 2022
Relationships are key to the success of this role, both internally and externally. You will be required to actively manage and cultivate the engagement, partnership and joint business planning with each account, new and existing, in order to negotiate regional contracts and ultimately drive and deliver strategic growth in licensing sales on behalf of the EMEA business.
Apply creativity, commerciality and expertise in relevant category product development and utilise knowledge of digital, social and bricks and mortar marketing alongside key trends and consumer insight to develop and drive succinct strategies cross company and departmentally. Be agile in order to capitalise on the moment and identify new opportunities and target partners.
- In line with the regional strategy, develop, set and execute strategies for the relevant category in conjunction with relevant stakeholders including plans for new business for each sub-category and franchise
- Manage the annual operating plan and quarterly forecasting process, developing licensee objectives and initiatives to drive growth, working with franchise, marketing, product development and finance
- Actively manage and cultivate the relationship engagement, partnership and joint business planning as appropriate with each licensee, new and existing
- Evaluate licensee base and drive an optimisation plan to ensure effective and focused business management and strategic planning to support growth across categories
- Conduct or be involved in contract negotiations with licensees and distributors as appropriate to maximise Disney royalty revenue and appropriately inform all key stakeholders with the relevant information (global, EMEA and local as required)
- Work closely with the regional creative teams, product approvers, franchise and marketing teams to support the sale of the product as required by licensee/retailer
- Communicate the International Labour Standards (ILS) process and be the conduit between the supplier and The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) ILS team
- Identify, pitch and secure new licensees that enhance the category growth in a substantial manner
- Collaborate and develop strong relationships with Disney market teams providing information and regular strategy and franchise updates as well as understanding and satisfying local market needs and differences. Utilise these relationships to share best practise
- Establish a good working relationship with US counterparts to ensure regular communication flow on latest initiatives and ongoing liaison regarding joint/global licensees where relevant
- Work closely with the other managers within the regional licensing sales team to coordinate ranges and launches with licensees across categories (hardlines and FMCG roles only)
- Degree level education in a related field or equivalent work experience
- Experience within licensing, Toys Hardlines preferred
- Proven experience of building effective relationships, leading and managing change and collaboration across departments to achieve financial targets and joint goals
- Financial acumen
- Ability to analyse data, construct practical conclusions and implement recommendations to achieve business targets
- An ability to be agile in order to capitalise on the moment and identify new opportunities and target partners
- Computer literate including MS Word, Excel and Keynote
- Fluent English, essential
- A good eye for digital, social and brick and mortar marketing
- Excellent commercial and strategic approaches to problem solving and innovation
- Exceptional planning and organisation skills
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to achieve buy-in at all levels
- Cultural sensitivity
Additional Information:The Perks
· 25 days annual leave
· Private medical insurance & dental care
· Free Park Entry: You will have the opportunity to enter any of our parks with your family and friends for free
· Disney Discounts: you are entitled to discounts on designated Disney products, resort F&B and ticketing
· Hybrid working is available
· Excellent parental and guardian leave
· Employee Resource Groups – WOMEN @ Disney, Disney DIVERSITY, Disney PRIDE, our new disability & neurodiversity focused group - ENABLED, and our Mental Health & Wellbeing Group, TRUST.
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
About Disney Licensing:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business we call Disney Licensing.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.