Senior Licensing Sales ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 764930BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Aug. 28, 2020
The Senior Manager will be responsible for planning and executing long term and fiscal year strategies. She/He will be accountable for the commercial management of a series of our existing key accounts, made up of some of the largest brands in the industry, spanning from luxury maisons such as Gucci, Givenchy and Miu Miu through to lifestyle brands like Vans, Supreme and Adidas.
Therefore, the scope of the role will require knowledge and understanding of the luxury, branded, ecommerce fashion and home industry.
As part of the role, the Senior Manager will be requested to valuate licensee base ensure effective and focused business management and strategic planning to support growth across categories. In addition, with the help of the team, she/he will Identify, pitch and secure new licensees that enhance the category growth in a substantial manner.
Relationships are key to the success of this role, both internally and externally. You will be required to actively manage and cultivate the engagement, partnership and joint business planning with each account, new and existing, Identify, pitch and secure new licensees that enhance the category growth in a substantial manner.
Using key trends as well as commercial and consumer insight, the successful candidate will develop and drive succinct strategies cross company and departmentally whilst being agile to capitalise on the moment and identify new opportunities and target partners.
- Develop, set and execute the long term strategy for the relevant category and/or account in conjunction with stakeholders including plans for new business for each sub-category and franchise
- Proactively lead the team to ensure delivery of departmental targets, ensuring a they are aware of the current business priorities and build any changes into the department plans
- Manage the annual operating plan and quarterly forecasting process, developing supplier (licensee) objectives and strategies, working with markets, consumer demo groups, category teams, franchise, marketing, product development and finance to drive growth
- Actively manage the relationship engagement, partnership and joint business planning with each EMEA account/licensee, new and existing
- Evaluate licensee base and drive a rationalisation plan to ensure effective and focused business management and strategic planning to support growth across categories
- Work closely with the creative teams on product development and the marketing teams to support the sale of the product as required by licensee/retailer
- Communicate the International Labour Standards (ILS) process and be the conduit between the supplier and The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) ILS team
- Identify new licensees/retailers that enhance the category growth in a substantial manner maximising the ‘white space’ opportunities
- Collaborate and develop strong relationships with Disney market teams providing information and regular strategy and franchise updates as well as understanding and satisfying local market needs and differences. Utilise these relationships to share best practise
- Establish a good working relationship with global counterparts to ensure regular communication flow on latest initiatives and ongoing liaison regarding joint/global licensees where relevant
- In conjunction with legal team, deal with any legal issues affecting the country/region
- A background in luxury fashion marketing, buying or commercial fashion sales
- Degree level education in a related field or equivalent work experience
- Experience within consumer products commercialisation
- Proven experience of building effective relationships, leading and managing change and collaboration across departments to achieve financial targets and joint goals
- Proven experience of developing the performance of a team
- Financial acumen – an ability to translate numbers into a working plan
- Ability to analyse data, construct practical conclusions and implement recommendations to achieve business targets
- An ability to be agile in order to capitalise on the moment and identify new opportunities and target partners
- Resilient and nimble in an ever changing landscape
- Computer literate including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Keynote
- Fluent English, essential; other European languages, beneficial
- A good eye for digital, social and brick and mortar marketing
- Excellent commercial and strategic approaches to problem solving and innovation
- Exceptional planning and organisation skills
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to achieve buy-in at all levels
- Forward thinking with the ability to take industry trends and translate them into something that drives growth for TWDC
- Cultural sensitivity and an understanding of local markets across EMEA
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.