Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Manager, Cross Media Data & Measurement, Disney Research EMEAApply Now Apply Later Job ID 519769BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Walt Disney International Brand Disney Research Date posted 01/23/2018
This is a management role within The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) EMEA Research team, responsible for representing the voice of the consumer and putting the consumer at the heart of business decision making.
This is a new role which requires an individual with proven expertise in leveraging cross-platform media data and audience measurement. This person will need to build and define the role, designing news ways of effectively using Disney’s media data to address business decision making.
The purpose of this role is to provide a complete understanding of the consumer to TWDC and specifically how this relates to consumption of media and content across different platforms
This role is responsible for implementing a cross platform media measurement strategy for TWDC.
Specific areas of responsibility will include:
Auditing and advising around media data use – providing best practice around data, the interrogation of data sets, and synthesis of multiple data sets
Challenging existing research and data techniques and advise on new ways to conduct – and use – research
Identifying new opportunities to leverage existing data sets
Challenging cross-platform measurement techniques and design best practices for measurement across platforms, channels, products, and countries
Working closely with the EMEA Franchise leaders to optimise total reach and exposure of their franchises
Link data and insight with business activities and needs, identifying synergies across teams and LOBs
You will be responsible for aggregating performance metrics across all media platforms and combining them to give the estimated de-duplicated total media consumption by audiences, content, brands or franchises.
Media platforms includes owned platforms (Disney Channels, Disney.xx, Disney apps, Disney Life), and third party platforms (e.g. VOD platforms, EST platforms, Youtube, Facebook) amongst others.
The individual will need to design new approaches to data, rather than build the technical solutions supporting them, but must be knowledgeable enough about technical tools in order to recommend solutions and project manage them.
In this role you will often work as a bridge between the research team and internal data/technology teams, with end to end involvement from writing a brief to project scoping through to implementation and bringing data insight into the business.
This role will sit within the steering groups for any cross media measurement initiatives.
You will also be responsible for keeping up to date with industry advancements in cross platform measurement.
This role will work in partnership with the various research groups within TWDC. This team is collectively responsible for providing the total consumer media and entertainment picture.
This role has overall responsibility for:
Understanding audience consumption behaviour across platforms and making sure that understanding is continuously refreshed and embedded into the business
Acting as an expert in media metrics and how to combine metrics on a like-with-like basis
Development of effective cross media currencies
Keeping abreast of all industry changes and developments in the field of cross media measurement (in EMEA and globally)
Consulting with agency suppliers and industry peers to produce and/or verify any data modelling techniques and implementation
Ensuring data integrity across Disney’s media business
Making the business aware of the limitations of media measurement data sets and advising on their appropriate interpretation and application
This role requires a senior level researcher with comprehensive experience in media measurement.
You will need to demonstrate your business understanding, and leverage your technical skills to create impactful consumer insights that help shape the business.
You will be a proactive self-starter who enjoys taking on challenges and finding solutions and will relish the opportunity to shape this new role.
Specifically the individual must be at an advanced level in terms of:
· Expertise in media metrics across traditional and more recent platforms
· Knowledge of all standard primary and secondary research techniques and their application.
· Excellent understanding of the competitor and industry environment
· Translating business issues into research needs
· Providing advice and expert opinion to non-research partners
· Selecting and managing research vendors
· Reviewing secondary or syndicated research as necessary to supplement custom analyses
· Analysis of research data
· Telling a story from research data
· Identifying research insights and presenting actionable recommendations
· Experience of managing projects within an overall budget
· Experience of taking responsibility across a range of projects and initiatives
Ability to develop longer term research plans within a strategic direction
· Ability to work effectively across internal functional areas in ambiguous situations
· Proactivity in challenging business initiatives and approaches and recommending a different route
· Resourceful and pro-active in approach to questions - looks for solutions and information in creative ways
You will already have proven expertise in at least 2 of the following media measurement areas:
Online video (i.e. YouTube)
· Strategic Thinker
· Creative and Curious
· Highly analytical
· Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
· Creative and analytical thinker who enjoys problem-solving
· Strong written and verbal communication
· Confident and assertive
· Diplomatic and tactful
· Strong negotiating and influencing skills
· Works well and motivates others while under pressure
· Adaptable and flexible with working hours and travel
· Ability to work autonomously
· Exceptional leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
· Cross-cultural view, with ability to build a wider global network
· Proven leadership skills in managing and training junior level researchers