Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Manager, Customer Management (CRM)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 703154BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Nov. 05, 2019
The Disney+ team is responsible for the launch and day to day operation of Disney+ across Europe and Africa, specifically focused on customer acquisition and retention, marketing, partnerships and synergy, content programming, research and analytics.
The Customer Management Senior Manager will be a key member of the Disney+ Customer Management & Retention team based in London, and will be instrumental in driving and optimising engagement across the region. This customer marketing role has significant opportunity for bottom-line impact and growth. The individual will be working with the Director of Customer Management & Retention to drive engagement metrics, optimising conversion rates and extending lifetime. The successful candidate will collaborate closely with the local Customer Lifecycle leads in addition to global Customer and Product teams based in the US. He or she will be the functional expert and lead in delivering regional strategy for onboarding & content / feature engagement as well as driving optimisation of KPIs across the region through rigorous test, measure, learn.
This is a maternity cover contract running from December 2019 to approximately February 2021 and will be based in our London Hammersmith Head Office.
- Regional lead for Onboarding & Customer Engagement, responsible for the delivery and optimisation of core Engagement KPIs at regional level (Free to pay conversion %; month 1 churn; customer engagement)
- Develop regional strategy for onboarding & content / feature engagement, working collaboratively with global and local market leads to ensure alignment with both overall global strategy and localization needs. Responsible for defining ways of working across multiple territories to enable strategy and plans to be localised into locally-led go-to-market plans
- Responsible for launch-readiness for Disney+ launch markets (Europe & Africa) across all Customer management onboarding and engagement activity (Transactional; lifecycle journeys; triggers; content engagement). Working collaboratively with local customer leads. To include migration planning and comms where relevant.
- Use data and insight to fully understand customer behaviours and develop recommendations, levers & tactics to optimize and improve trading metrics & drive lifetime.
- Responsible for leading the management of regional test, measure learn plans (across territory, lifestages & cohorts). To include defining test priorities regionally and working with local markets to agree local-specific test plans. Candidate to manage the overall test, measure, learn plans for the region at a customer and market level)
- Management of cross-territory campaign plan & delivery of pan-region engagement campaigns e.g. originals. Working collaboratively with local and global teams. To include line management of regional delivery resource and regional POC for central content teams.
- Lead delivery of personalized and segmented campaign activity across multiple channels (email, in-app, push), leveraging customer-led insights and product automation roadmap to create 1-2-1 messaging. Working closely with the analytics (regional); content (regional) and product (US) teams.
- Champion of new CRM tools / channels for engagement in addition to new Customer engagement techniques / approaches. Candidate would also be the regional interface with the global product team to deliver best practice in terms of CRM tools, in addition to product optimization following customer feedback and behavioural insights
- Work with wider Disney Customer Management teams to both understand the wider Disney marketing context as well as leveraging know-how and expertise.
- Required to deputise for Director of Customer Management & Retention as required
- Successful track record in Customer Management / Lifecycle Marketing
- Experience within a subscription business and proven ability to build engagement of a customer base, with tangible trading upside (e.g. revenue, net growth)
- Results-focused with extensive experience in test and learn at a customer and campaign level
- Thrives through working in cross-functional / multi-territory teams, ideally experience in an international matrix organisation
- A deep understanding and interest in latest engagement tools & techniques, awareness of the unique challenges of a consumer subscription business essential.
- Understanding of market nuances and dynamics to deliver a global strategy while also balancing local adaptions to drive local results
- Experience working with key campaign management tools and platforms (e.g Salesforce, Adobe or equivalent ESP)
- Data-centric essential
Additional Information:This is a maternity cover contract running from December 2019 to approximately February 2021 and will be based in our London Hammersmith Head Office.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.