Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Manager, Customer Retention, Disney+Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 703401BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Sep. 11, 2019
The Disney+ team is responsible for the launch and day to day operation of Disney+ across Europe and Africa, specifically focused on customer acquisition and retention, marketing, partnerships and synergy, content programming, research and analytics.
The Retention Senior Manager will be a key member of the Disney+ Customer Management & Retention team based in London, and will be instrumental in driving and optimising customer retention across the region. This customer marketing role has significant opportunity for bottom-line impact and growth. The individual will be working with the Director of Customer Management & Retention to drive retention metrics, optimising churn and extending lifetime. The successful candidate will collaborate closely with the local Customer Management leads in addition to global Customer and Product teams based in the US. He or she will be the functional expert and lead in delivering regional strategy for retention as well as driving optimisation of KPIs across the region through rigorous test, measure, learn.
- Regional lead and functional expert for retention, responsible for the delivery and optimisation of core retention KPIs at regional level (Churn, Reinstates, Reactivation, Cancellation rate, Risk)
- Define regional strategy for retention, working collaboratively with global and local market leads to ensure alignment with both overall global strategy and localization needs. Responsible for defining ways of working across multiple territories to enable strategy and plans to be localised into locally-led go-to-market plans
- Responsible for launch-readiness for Disney+ launch markets (Europe & Africa) across all retention activities (lifecycle journeys & triggers for cancellation, risk and winback; winback content engagement). Working collaboratively with local customer leads.
- Use data and insight to fully understand customer behaviours and develop recommendations, levers & tactics to optimise and improve trading metrics & drive lifetime.
- Develop performance reports that get distributed to regional and local stakeholders; ability to benchmark and contextualize results within local market landscape
- Responsible for leading regional retention test, measure learn plans (across territory, lifestages & cohorts). To include defining test priorities regionally and working with local markets to agree local-specific test plans. Candidate to manage the overall retention test, measure, learn plans for the region at a customer and market level)
- Management of cross-territory campaign plan & delivery of pan-region retention campaigns e.g. winback features. Working collaboratively with local and global teams.
- Regional customer segmentation lead, working closely with analytics and global lifecycle team to define and build appropriate segmentation tools and approaches tailored for each market. In addition, customer lead for insight and analytics to define customer requirements for risk and propensity modelling.
- Champion of new retention techniques to reduce churn / optimise net growth efficiently. Lead for customer retention offer mechanics with product and global lifecycle teams (US) and in-app customer flows (e.g. cancellation / reactivation)
- Build a solid working relationship with key stakeholders (local market customer team; US lifecycle and engagement teams; US and International product; Creative & wider TWDC stakeholders e.g. regional CRM; legal)
- Be the expert in cultural nuances, competitor activity and retention best practice in all European markets
- Flexible working style and Travel will be expected
- Successful track record in Customer Management / Retention with demonstrable professional experience at Manager / Senior Manager level.
- Experience within a subscription business and proven ability to deliver improvements to retention trading KPIs (churn, net growth, revenue)
- Results-focused with extensive experience in test and learn at a customer and campaign level
- Thrives through working in cross-functional / multi-territory teams, ideally experience in an international matrix organisation
- A deep understanding and interest in latest retention techniques, awareness of the unique challenges of a consumer subscription business essential.
- Understanding of market nuances and dynamics to deliver a global strategy while also balancing local adaptions to drive local results
- A data-centric approach is essential
Additional Information:If you join The Walt Disney Company, you'll be surrounded by a team of collaborators and achievers. Experience a wealth of opportunities to work with and learn about other businesses in an inclusive environment that fosters creativity, innovation and team spirit. We bring together teams from diverse backgrounds and cultures to help create experiences that have mass appeal across all ages.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.