Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Manager Data Analytics, Disney+Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 701944BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Sep. 10, 2019
The Disney+ team is responsible for the launch and day to day operation of Disney+ across Europe and Africa, specifically focused on customer acquisition and retention, marketing, partnerships and synergy, content programming, research and analytics.
The Analytics Manager (Customer) will provide the deep understanding of customer & usage behaviour needed to drive strategies on customer retention and tenure. They will blend content and product insights with customer acquisition data and through the combination of statistical rigor, data analysis, generate the fast-paced execution of actionable business recommendations.
A high degree of autonomy will be granted for what will be a highly visible and operational role. It requires someone with a very inquisitive mind who can blend strong advanced analytical skills with commercial acumen needed to work across a broad range of data sets.
- Deep-Dive Analysis: Analyse commercial & user behavioural data to identify patterns, uncover opportunities, and create common understanding of how to maximise customer life time.
- Partnership: Partner closely with regional business stakeholders to identify and unlock opportunities, and with other data teams to improve analytical capabilities around data modelling, testing, data visualization, and data architecture.
- Forecasting, and Opportunity Sizing: Both to set goals and help evaluate potential opportunities, this analyst will be tasked with forecasting and opportunity sizing. This will help business stakeholders evaluate trade-offs approaches, and create targets for driving business performance.
- Goaling and KPIs: Work “full-stack” to define techniques and benchmarks to measure the business benefit from business strategies.
- Experimentation: Develop test plans, define success metrics, and ensure accurate results methodologically, technically, and statistically.
- Planning: Establishment and on-going development of analytical roadmaps to support primary stakeholder.
- Business Performance Reporting, Visualization, and Regression Management: Be the primary partner for cross-functional stakeholders to understand growth performance. When a metric is ahead or behind expectations, dig in to drive meaningful, actionable insights that helps business performance improve or double-down on success.
- Experience in a leadership analytical role
- 6+ years’ work experience using SQL; Python/R and other statistical programming language experience preferred.
- People & team management experience.
- Have a demonstrated history of translating complex data sets into clear and actionable narratives and communicate opportunities and challenges to stakeholders.
- Have a background in data visualization and dashboard development.
- A strong understanding of statistics concepts (e.g., propensity modelling, hypothesis testing, regression analysis).
- Ability to think strategically, analyse and interpret market and consumer information.
- Strong communication skills, as well as written and verbal presentation skills.
- Experience in communicating data insights to large matrix organizations.
- Experience of working collaboratively across international organisations.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field including Marketing, Economics, Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Engineering, Physics, Chemistry or Social Science. Graduate degree preferred.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Cake Solutions Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Cake Solutions Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.