Senior Manager, Digital Account ManagementApply Now Apply Later Job ID 716309BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Nov. 11, 2019
The Senior Manager, Digital Stores Management is accountable for managing and delivering the digital transactional business across key 3rd party Online Retailers / Digital Stores in Europe, Africa and Russia covering both ownership (EHVL) and rental (TVOD) business models.
The role is a mix of Revenues accountability, driving relationships with accounts, strategy and relationship with global and local teams. It is a highly cross functional role that will work closely with commercial, marketing, finance, legal and technical teams.
Responsibilities:The Senior Manager leads a team of 3 (2 Account Managers and 1 Supervisor) and is responsible for 5 key areas:
Regional lead and revenue accountability for global and regional accounts Apple, Google, Sony, Microsoft, Chili and Rakuten
- Understand the strategies, objectives and tactics of designated account/s, organizational and operational approach as well as Disney’s commercial context with partners
- Regional Account champion on designated accounts with responsibility for leading regional account strategy with local teams, including setting KPIs/targets and forecasts for account, review of account-specific initiatives and performance review
- Manage client relationships to drive on-store featuring/placement of Disney content on stores and to explore account-specific opportunities
Revenue accountability for full transactional business across CEE and Africa for all clients (regional and local)
- P&L responsibility for CEE & Africa across the Studio EHV, Studio TVOD, Media EHV business models
- Manage local CEE/Africa client relationships to drive on-store featuring/placement of Disney content on stores and to explore account-specific opportunities
- Work closely with CEE/Africa local media teams to align on client strategy and approach
- In partnership with the Director, Digital Stores, digital sales and finance create and implement across the region best in class pricing, promotion and placement Store management activities with the primary objective of driving and maximising revenue and maximizing year-round on-store presence of The Walt Disney Company content and brands
- Pitching in and seamless execution of promotions/ merchandising through to post-promotion analysis with client base
- Assess account-specific opportunities ensuring activities are aligned with overall strategy and brand guidance
- Overseeing product marketing strategy including special product releases, bundles and product enhancements such as bonus features. Work closely with Technical, Finance Marketing and Global team to assess and implement all product related opportunities.
- Take a key role at internal summits disseminating Digital Stores Management best practices and knowledge sharing
- Key regional lead for disseminating strategy to local leads and helping to assess opportunities
- Ensure best in class implementation of Digital Stores strategy on Global Account stores
- Lead regional post-activity analysis to determine key learnings
- Set targets and areas of responsibilities for the team and evolve them as needed to optimize resources
- Actively involve and support team with a view to developing for future progression
- Comprehensive and relevant industry experience
- Worked within the digital media business for several years
- At least 4-5 years sales / account management in digital media
- Commercially focus and strong client management experience with a proven track record of delivering on sales targets
- Product marketing experience is a plus, together with a demonstrable understanding of consumer/customer marketing considerations
- Solid experience in leading people
- Strong organisation awareness to help integrate and join up commercial propositions across different parts of the organisation to present a single, consistent face to the customer
- Experience in leading strategic initiatives in a matrixed environment and to manage stakeholders
- Very strong analytical and planning skills
- Comfortable in a high pace, deadline driven environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.