Senior Manager, E-Commerce, Retail Account ManagementApply NowApply Later Job ID 765567BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Disney Licensing Date posted Sep. 10, 2020
A permanent opportunity to join our newly expanded E-Commerce team working with our online retail partners to maximise sales for Disney licensed product across all categories.
The Senior Manager will create the strategic retail account framework for the third party e-commerce businesses, identifying opportunities with third party platforms/retailers and key accounts.
Working closely with internal Disney stakeholders, category teams, licensees and franchise teams to develop the strategies and deliver KPI driven, measurable and sustainable consumer products growth with third party e-commerce retail accounts.
Through a prioritised, scalable and commercially orientated retail account focus, the Senior Manager will ensure that opportunities identified for growth are fulfilled by creating opportunities for The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) merchandise to be sold into e-commerce channels and with consideration to Disney's wider franchise priorities.
- Review and develop Disney's third party e-commerce retail account strategy in line with the overall Disney retail strategy. Engage the team in this strategy and translate it into KPI driven, measurable objectives
- Present the third party e-commerce retail account strategy to key stakeholders, external and internal, and gain their support and buy-in, aligning on agreed objectives and targets
- Create, develop and execute a standardised and consistent approach to working with EMEA third party e-commerce retail accounts, across local markets, with licensees across different categories
- Build and maintain relationships with virtual teams to assist in strategy delivery, liaising closely with local retail account teams to ensure two-way information flow, consistent strategy development and agreed KPIs
- As part of strategy formulation, ensure anticipated priority retail account opportunities are fully scoped and reviewed with long-term commerciality in mind, adopting an initiate/grow approach
- Review current key retail account ways of working, inclusive of tools and paid for resource, seeking scalable efficiencies
- Unlock and put in place access and processes including standardised reporting, enabling actionable retail account product measurement and insights
- Work closely with key stakeholders in wider EMEA e-commerce team and internal category teams to develop new business models and grow the licensed consumer products business
- Support key retail accounts in delivering rapid growth plans with priority licensees
- Constantly strive to improve licensed product listings on retail platforms and explore unique selling point (USP) and exclusive opportunities
- Extensive experience of delivering results with key e-commerce retail accounts, in-depth understanding of the digital ecosystem, web analytics and usability at a regional/local level, as appropriate
- Experience of managing stakeholders within an omni-channel, matrix organisation, with an understanding of current third party e-commerce operations, commercialisation and process delivery
- Experience of working in branded consumer environments (retail/supplier) with an understanding of digital performance marketing and brand management
- Significant experience working with global key retailer accounts is essential
- Proven experience of developing the performance of a team
- Proven experience of building effective senior level relationships, leading and managing change and collaboration across departments to achieve financial targets and joint goals
About Disney Licensing:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Licensing.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.