Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Manager – EMEA Corporate Tax – IntegrationApply Now Apply Later Job ID 703224BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Sep. 12, 2019
1 year FTC
We have a new opportunity for a Senior Manager who will support the EMEA Tax Principal on EMEA regional tax issues focussing primarily on the Fox integration project. Further responsibilities will include project managing any group restructuring and tax planning initiatives requiring liaison with the US tax department and external professional advisers.
This role will require a pro-active approach to drive the integration project forward, from an EMEA tax perspective, through partnering with key stakeholders including the EMEA business, legal and finance teams, external advisors and the US tax team.
The role will also involve working with junior members of the EMEA tax team to foster their development and experience.
This role will require a highly motivated tax professional with strong technical and interpersonal skills who wishes to gain experience in a large and dynamic global organisation.
Responsibilities:Fox Integration Project
- Alongside the Principal – EMEA Tax, pro-actively partner with the EMEA regional business, finance, legal and treasury teams to develop and implement operational and legal entity integration for EMEA following the recent acquisition of Fox
- Act as the integration project management lead for the EMEA tax team on all Fox integration matter0073
- Work with local tax advisors to understand and manage local tax implications of the EMEA integration
- Carry out UK tax analysis of the EMEA integration steps and manage implementation and support local markets on local integration strategies
- Liaise with the US tax department to understand the US tax implications of the integration and work to manage US tax risk of local integration.
- Help devise, implement and maintain Transfer Pricing policies for the integrated businesses and their legal entities so that they are appropriate for the activities
- Identify interim tax issues management strategies during the integration process and implement strategies to minimise tax risks.
- Ensure all necessary Sarbanes Oxley documentation is completed for all relevant integration steps
- Continual review of the group structure to ensure it is optimal - undertaking restructuring, mergers and liquidations, as appropriate, to minimise risk and compliance burden.
- Working with the US tax team on group restructuring and planning initiatives. Leading and managing all the EMEA aspects to these projects including; stakeholder engagement and legal documentation, working with advisers, managing project budgets and ensuring accurate implementation from an accounting perspective
- Pro-actively seeking ways to make the business and structure more efficient and effective, then implementing appropriate actions/projects
- Create and maintain a good internal network to ensure Tax is involved and consulted in all commercial initiatives and relevant projects
- Create and maintain a strong external network to ensure Disney is aware of a wide-range of Companies and Industries attitudes to tax, issues and processes, industry developments and best practices, to aid Disney in its development of Tax Policies.
- Provide mentoring, motivation, guidance and assistance to the wider junior tax team members and other finance teams
Basic Qualifications:Skills & Experience
- Qualified ACA (and CTA a plus)
- Tax compliance and advisory PQE highly advantageous
- Big 4 tax experience is a preference
- Experience of working in an internal tax department of a large multinational company (US based multinational and media sector experience a plus
- International tax advisory experience for multinational companies (including US tax experience is a plus).
- Project management experience (of complex integration projects a plus)
- Analytical and problem solving skills with ability to make decisions and recommendations
- Ability to summarise and communicate complex technical issues
- Able to manage workload to tight deadlines and prioritise multiple tasks and work streams
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships at all levels of the organisation.
Additional Information:Following the acquisition of 21st Century Fox by Disney, the Disney EMEA tax team is recruiting several tax roles at a variety of professional levels. This is to ensure that the EMEA Tax team is fully resourced to enable it to properly engage with and support the new joint businesses, further demonstrating that the Tax team is considered a true business partner. The roles will also enable Disney to ensure it can meet increasing legislative requirements in a challenging and evolving tax environment. Some temporary roles have also been created to help with the integration activities. These new roles will join Disney at a very exciting time, not only the Fox integration but also due to significant business developments (e.g. Disney + streaming service). So it is a great time to join a growing dynamic team in an exciting and fun company.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.