Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Manager, Global HR OperationsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 551717BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Brand The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted May. 22, 2018
Job Summary:We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced candidate as a Senior Manager to join our Global HR Operations team. This role is based at our EMEA corporate head office in Hammersmith, London.
This opportunity will lead the project management and people leadership of the Global HR Operations function. This Senior Manager position is critical to champion the smooth running of HR Operations requiring leadership accountability for a team of HR professionals across multiple countries, who are supporting the HR operation needs of employees across the organisation. This role will focus on the ongoing client needs and will interface with clients for assessment of new work, services, processes and escalated issues.
This Senior Manager position will involve stakeholder management throughout the business including becoming a trusted advisor to executives for all HR Operation queries. The successful candidate will add strategic input through innovative suggestions to drive the HR Operations function forward increasing productivity and exceptional service. This role will have access to a variety of sources of data and metrics to make informed business decisions for the function.
- Lead work and daily activities for the Global HR Operations function, including new hire administrative processing, to ensure Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met and issues are resolved with enterprise clients
- Provide direct escalation support to senior level clients on time sensitive or highly confidential Global HR Operations work; provide onsite expertise and escalation support to regional stakeholders as required
Global HR Operations Team
- Build a collaborative and team environment for all Global HR Operations employees involving geographically diverse team members
- Lead Global HR Operations team members through change associated with new technology, new processes, new team members and a growing global clientele
Strategy Development and Execution
- Identify opportunities to drive the business forward by identifying and planning changes to the business considering client needs, customer experience, costs/ROI, technology, and SLAs
- Engage with enterprise clients and lead the Global HR Operations management team to implement operational strategies
- Be proactive in identifying and understanding client, segment and market business models, priorities and cultural nuances as an input to operational strategy development and execution
- Act as thought partner with senior leadership to integrate new work, processes, businesses, markets and projects across the enterprise
- Lead process alignment work across the international teams and partner with Senior Managers from other regions for general alignment
- Leverage technology to improve the employee experience, increase productivity and build a Global HR Operations community
- Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field or equivalent experience
- Proven leadership experience or HR function expertise
- Previous experience of leading a HR Operations team is preferred
- Experience of working across EMEA is also advantageous
- Experience of managing teams through change
- Expertise in building professional relationships and influencing stakeholders, including executives
- Established problem solving, conflict resolution, networking and technical aptitude skills
- Ability to drive continuous improvement
- Proven effective written and verbal communication skills including executive summaries
- Ability to manage teams to drive organisational performance
- Ability to identify when executive escalation is necessary
- Develop and implement operational and organisational strategies
- Act as a thought partner with senior leadership across the enterprise to integrate new work, processes, business, markets and projects
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).