Senior Manager, Product & Customer Projects
London, - - GBApply NowApply Later
Job ID 765739BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Sep. 15, 2020
Job Summary:Disney+ is The Walt Disney Company’s new Direct to Consumer video entertainment service targeted to families. The service will consist of long form and short form video built around five key content brands (Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and National Geographic) with an appealing and easy to use interface accessed across multiple platforms (e.g. televisions, mobile devices, PCs).
The Disney+ team is responsible for the launch and day to day operation of Disney+ across Europe and Africa, specifically focused on customer acquisition and retention, marketing, partnerships and synergy, content programming, research and analytics.
The Product & Customer Projects Senior Manager will be a key member of the Disney+ Customer Management & Retention team based in London, and will be instrumental in driving bottom line impact and growth through the product and project-led initiatives. The individual will be working with the Director of Customer Management & Retention to identify key priorities for the region and champion them through to delivery with the Global product team. The role will require close collaboration with the local market DTC leads, regional Disney+ leads as well as the International product team. He or she will have in-depth knowledge of the streaming market and be able to drive through ideas from initial concept to sign off with excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Disney+ business lead for product within Europe, responsible for identifying, prioritising and championing new initiatives requiring product development.
- Responsible for working across European stakeholders to understand local market requirements and building into prioritisation framework using data and insight to establish growth benefit. Expectation management for key stakeholders essential
- Champion key initiatives with European leadership and global product teams, working closely with product to lock into global roadmap
- Business lead for active workstreams in dev, working hand in hand with product teams to define business requirements and ongoing stakeholder management to ensure full alignment across teams.
- Project lead for new Customer Management projects, supporting Customer Management Director, including innovation projects
- Work with wider Disney Customer Management and Product teams to both understand the wider Disney marketing context as well as leveraging know-how and expertise.
- Successful track record in Product / Project Management with significant demonstrated professional experience
- Extensive experience of stakeholder management at a senior level across a matrix organisation
- Experience within a subscription with clear understanding of growth drivers
- Thrives through working in cross-functional / multi-territory teams
- A deep understanding and interest in latest streaming features and functionalities, awareness of the unique challenges of a consumer subscription business essential.
- Understanding of market nuances and dynamics to deliver a global strategy while also balancing local adaptions to drive local results
- Data-centric essential
- Analytical mindset
- Strategic thinker
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Effective relationship builder
- Budgetary management experience and financial acumen
- Proven negotiation skills
- Champions change and drives results
- Curious and “Can do”
- Creative problem-solver
- Able to work well with ambiguity
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.